RetroBike Spring Meet 24th Mar - The details ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick Legs":3mst4k3z said:
A bit OT but if anyone has a spare pair of Shimano allen key crank bolts (the ones that take a 8mm allen key) they could bring along I'll give them £3 for them. I need these for the Dyna Tech MT4 build.

Cheers.

ill try and remember a set, but cant garentee it!

woo... :D this is tomorrow guys :D cant wait!!! :D

Ditto - though I think I'll be putting some tyres more appropriate to the likely conditions on...! Mind you, Kona tyres had blackwalls anyway, didn't they... ;)

Who's bringing the Muc-Off?! :LOL:

humm, so would my panaracer mud pros be more suitable that porcs?
(ont he plus side although the panaracers aren't retro, they are red and v.light :D )

Guys, not sure a group of 30+ riders on 15 year old bikes will really be going fast enough for long enough for tyre choice to really matter! :LOL:

KK,

have to say I'm inclined to agree with you there. I was avoiding the whole tyre discussion about tomorrow but I fear it's inevitable.

Think I'm going with the solling advantage of Fire XC Pro 1.8's as opposed to 2.1 Explorers which would be nice and comfy and grippy but will clog like the proverbial if it's wet.

(not riding retro - haven't got a bike built).

it's good to get intouch with your inner geek sometimes
(although i do appreciate it's be my skills/fitness not my tyres that'll slow me down :( )

in true retrobike fashon i think i'll make the decision tonight based on asthetics

gump":3n1a9bqz said:
ahhhhhh!!!! this is giving me flashbacks to STW!!! :LOL:

yeah - i do unreservedly apologise for my part in that. I know it's the unwritten rule.

Proper vietnam flashbacks will ensue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back