Bear Valley back on road

not so sure that is not a UK model, - I think by 1990 they were grey, - my then girlfriend had a Eldridge in 1990 and that was bumpy light grey with flou red. New bikes launched September of the preceding year,- a 1991 bike would be launched September 1990.

Actually I don't think the Bear Valley was imported into the UK until later, - and then it was a very dark matt black with gloss black forks and stem when it first came into the UK.

The BV was below Pine Mountain and Eldridge

I think the series went bottom to top:
Muirwoods,
Palisades (could be below the Muirwoods, memory fade)
Bear Valley
Eldridge
Pine Mountain

The Bolinas Ridge was introduced later as the entry level, - it never sold well in Latin American/Spanish markets as Bolinas means small b4lls!!

Sizing was 15", 17 1/2", 19" - and a small volume of 14" and 20.5" I think. They measured center of BB to center of TT.

The bike has a whole new drive train due to the rear wheel being pinched along with the seat post and bean bag like saddle my older son fitted!
The only reason i kept it was because i already had a pair of unused wheel from another bike [98 GT], still had to replace the 9 speed cassette with a new 7 which was mated to a new chain which then showed up the worn two outer rings which i have just replaced! :roll:
It's cost more than i predicted to get it all back together but i think it was worth it. :D

Whistle

Sounds right for the year - I had an Eldridge from Asia which had a similar splatter job in 1990.

Only Europe (and particularly the UK) got the understated grey Zolatone paint

That's a great paintjob. Recently i saw a similar Eldridge Grade on the us ebay site. It was green with black splatter. But yours is much cooler.
Maybe you like to check out my signature ;-)

Back