RetroBike Spring Meet 24th Mar - The details ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wu, Ill be looking for your ringle twister...

I will be on a Rocky, so hoperfully should help :D

I thought I'd enter into the spirit of the thing and get the 'dale sorted.

I shouldn't have bothered!

The alloy collett on top of the Tioga T bone stem that the expander bolt bears on, cracked in half so stem is now useless :x

Substituted a Kalloy aluminium stem circa 1994 but no cable guide. Had to ditch the Ritchy Logic Canti's for some cheapy taiwanese V Brake replicas from Halfrauds. :roll:

Brake boss on the Pepperoni forks then broke off. None of the spares I could find/steal are the same thread size :x

Stole the forks out of my Wife's Rockhopper as I couldn't be bothered to change the lower race on my first choice a set of Rock Shock Quadras. The Pepperonis and the Spesch had identical STX head sets, so a quick swap was all that was needed.

Went to refit the cassette only to realise that I had canabalised it to make up two single speed rear wheels. And couldn't find the lump of chain I had removed when I shortened it.

Another trip to Halfrauds (I know I should use the LBS but I drive past it on the way to work) for a new 7 speed block and chain (well it needed them) and some new cables but time is running out and I haven't even started on the gears yet.

So expect to see me on the 2004 Spesch instead.

Training to date, a two hour ride on Saturday, my third this year!

Actually my third since November.... ouch this is going to hurt! :cry:

Oh on the subject of tyres, North Downs = Clay over Chalk, nasty when wet. Sod retro credibility, 1.5 Conti Cross Countrys for me, a bit sketchy but they don't clog.

I rode these on last March's Polaris Challenge in Dorset/Wiltshire, same clay over chalk combination. I didn't have a problem but passed loads of people with big fat clogged up tyres carrying their bikes.

And the forecast for Saturday? Warmer but Wet :(

Oh yeah my Mum calls me Tony

See ya all on Saturday

I'm almost unrestrainably excited about the prospect of riding with nearly 30 others. I never do that apart from races (which are few and far between) or on tediously long roadie club bashes (which are blatently the work of the devil).

Should be interesting to see what the ramblers make of this!

MadCow is recommending Cross Country 1.5's and he's from Herts, the same as me and here in North Herts we've got the stickiest mud known to man....hmmmm...sod the amp', I can't stop the brakes squeeling anyway, I'll most likely be on my DBR AxisTT, it's got the tyres of choice ya know! plus I know it works, but being a '95 not quite as retro as the amp'... I'm torn now...could be a last minute decision...we'll see on Saturday.

Jango bring the Axis TT - one of my all time favourite bikes!

Have to agree with the Cross Country recommendation - but I'll be running Porcs!

Jango

Nice to hear from another resident of North Herts! North West edge of Stevenage for me.

And that's why I run 1.5 Cross Countrys in the Winter :D

Kev... Porcs? You foolish boy! I bet they're white ones too, you don't change!

Mad Cow":165mp3rb said:
Jango

Kev... Porcs? You foolish boy! I bet they're white ones too, you don't change!

not sure what you're suggesting Tony? Although visit to LBS tomorrow may be in order for something more appropriate!

Well, looks like it's the axis TT with Crosscountry 1.5's by popular vote!

@the MadCow's, I'm travelling down the A1 from Royston, if anyone wants to share a lift let me know.

Kev

cheers Jango! Tony's timekeeping is rubbish and we'd hate to make you late......anyway i must get back early so cant rely on lifts but thanks for the offer.

See you there.
Kev

A bit OT but if anyone has a spare pair of Shimano allen key crank bolts (the ones that take a 8mm allen key) they could bring along I'll give them £3 for them. I need these for the Dyna Tech MT4 build.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back