Lincolnshire Area Group

I think we need to aim for around the 20 mile mark max as there will be different levels of fitness - mine probably the worst at the moment.

IMO any route around the Wolds should include the downhill into Walesby and the pub in Tealby.
Normanby le Wold start - Walesby - Tealby - Willingham Woods - tthrough and out to Claxby is a nice little circuit - maybe add on a loop before that ?

So we're talking 20 miles or thereabouts.

If everybody wants a pint after the ride, a rendezvous at the Kings Head in Tealby would be easiest place to meet I reckon. Personally, I'd prefer my pint after the ride and not during but I'll go with the flow and if it's a half way stop at the pub we can work that in. If more folk just want to ride and not have a pint then it may be easier to meet at the big CP at Willingham Woods?

AntiqueKona, when you said start at Normanby did you mean at the foot of the hill? That would be a rather rude start to the ride! :LOL: Let's get the heart rate going before we ascend that bugger. :D

A 20 mile route sounds good, especially as I am not at my best at the moment.....working hard and not riding as much as I'd like at the moment :roll:

Just remember not to clash with the Peaks Meet on 26 September ;)

Have just spent over an hour pondering over an OS map. Maybe you can help Steve ? as you have done most of the routes too.

If we started at Willy Woods - head NW to the B1203 Tealby Rd - take a left and then take the bridleway on the right which eventually crosses a road and a railway line then hooks up to the Walesby Rd - turn right - then first bridleway on left (which is fun if wet if I remember) turn right at road and then prepare to be cursed for the road to claxby and the killer climb up to Normanby le Wold - then the good bit of bridleway that traverses the hill and drops down into Walesby (my favourite bit). Through Walesby taking Catkin Lane with option of a right turn bridleway - or to Tealby - then I am stuck - as that may be too short?
Everything else tagged on makes it look too long - eg Stainton le Vale - Thoresway stretch - or even including the "dry valley" down into Rothwell.

:?: :?:

Back