WANTED: STI Shifters - 8 9 or 10 spd

Mike

Retro Guru
I'm looking for a pair of STI shifters for a Winter Bike. 8, 9 or 10 speed.

Would consider a single shifter, so then I can wait for a year until a matching one arrives!

What have you got lurking in the shed?????

1. pair ultegra 10 speed shifters. Bought 2006, not fitted till this year and then used for about a month before going back to my beloved campag gearing.
No cables, as I re-used them & slight scuff to flightdeck transfer (but not bad) on RH lever. No scratches/scuffs to lever arms or hoods & no box/instructions.

2. pair shimano R500 8 speed levers. These were fitted to the winterbike in readiness, but never actually ridden,m as the ultegra experience steered me to campag. 105 quality in 8 speed guise.
Like these ..
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=13638
these have cables and the original packaging and are as delivered from shop.

I should add theyre also on offer to the club lads, and I'll take £80 posted either pair for a quick sale.

both are in best-bike condition
Sorry cant do photos on here. Work has banned this sort of stuff.

In case youre wondering, I cant get on with the shimano indexed front mech, campag lets me mix and match and microshift.

Pigman, I'd be interested in the 10speed ultegras if mike or your club don't want them.

I've been looking for a while but timing seems everything on this site.

ken
mike expressed an interest in the 8-speeders, so i'm assuming he dont want the 10 speeds.
with that in mind, I dont see why we cant deal.

I see on your thread youre looking for other stuff, some of which I know i have. For example I know i have some spare cinelli 64's x42W, but theyre a bit scratched. What condition were you after?

I'll take the ultegras pending a pic of the scratches - but I doubt that will put me off, I am assuming they are for a double front.

I would like to use paypal and recorded delivery if that is ok with you.

On the bars front I am looking for black or carbon bars but I am guessing at sizes just now so I don't want to spend a lot on those.
(I've never ridden a road bike before - this is my first build)

Back