Rascal...The Triumverate is Complete!

kaiser":38nkvcnm said:
I never liked the levers either, nice and light and pretty to look at but felt too spindly in use, not very tactile.

I completely agree...and the little foam lever cover, that works so much better on other brand's super light-weight levers, does nothing to improve the comfort of Kookas. The feel of these things is like reaching into a bag of sticks. :x

Oh well...I should have known better! :LOL:

They came bundled with a set of Control Tech cantilevers that a friend of mine picked up for me at a swap meet in South Carolina. I guess they are eBay bound then. :D

I've never been taken by Kleins in general, mostly due to their overly bling appearance and ultra stiff ride. But I really like the understated looks of this one, and you're choice of DX and other nice simple reliable stuff is a winner in my opinion.
The original DX stuff is still one of the best groupsets out there, which is why I have one bike built up with DX and another near complete groupset waiting for the right frame to come along...

Great stuff!

drystonepaul":39zo9m2b said:
I've never been taken by Kleins in general, mostly due to their overly bling appearance and ultra stiff ride. But I really like the understated looks of this one, and you're choice of DX and other nice simple reliable stuff is a winner in my opinion.
The original DX stuff is still one of the best groupsets out there, which is why I have one bike built up with DX and another near complete groupset waiting for the right frame to come along...

Great stuff!

Thanks DSP...I agree that DX is right up at the top in terms of performance and style. For me, DX is the best. :cool:

hairstream":3kx1xmly said:
very clean dog. :cool:

i'm digging that trail snap mate. :D where's that at, if i might ask?

Hanna Park, on the Atlantic Coast here in northeast Florida. That trail is one of the fast swoopy trails. The park is not very big, so the trails are built with a lot of switchbacks so you can get the maximum riding distance in the minumum of space. You can maybe do 8-10 miles without doubling up on any one trail, but string togather a pretty good ride if you don't mind using certain trails more than once...or even twice! Not a bad little park for a quick local ride. :)

Agency_Scum":3kx1xmly said:
Sh1t man, that's one TIDY LOOKING bike!!

Thanks Scum. All Kooka crap comments aside...I think it turned out pretty good myself. :cool:

Back