Old saracen Tufftrax Elite??

Have just cleaned the bike and polished it, not a scratch or bit of rust on it! :D

Also, the drivechain is in PERFECT condition.

Pretty sweet bike!

Hey guys, thanks for the offers, but I have decided to keep it.

Some of the offers I have had where waaaay more than what I was thinking, but sadly, I am a but strapped for cash, and some of the offers where really good, but I wouldn't be able to get a modern bike with around the same spec for the same price.

Thanks anyway,

James

I'd just PMed you with some advice on a valuation, but missed out the best bit of advice which of course would be to keep it and ride it.

Good decision, now get some more photos up in the readers bikes section.
....and finally welcome to the site.

thats a nice saracen , looks to be well spec'd too with some deore thumbies and dx cantis . well worth keeping imho :cool:

Easy_Rider":3b0sng4a said:
:shock: :shock:
That is the bike i have been looking for! Its is the SAME as the one that some tw*t stole frm me way back in 93!

If you are selling then i really really would like that bike! :D :D

Hi, sorry to let you down :(

I have decided to keep it for a bit. I get bored of things pretty quickly so if it does come up for sale, you have first pickings ;)

Thanks all,

James

It's this one isn't it, from the 1992 catalogue?

Attachments

• Tufftrax-Elite.jpg
    Tufftrax-Elite.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,100
yes dammit :LOL: stop rubbing my nose in it!

the one i have been searching years for! That picture has only just turned up last month, before that i was searching blind with only a coloured reflector bracket and my memory!

My heart jumped when i saw this, but alas it looks like james has decided to keep it :cry:

edit: actually that picture is slightly different, look at the cable routing. That's what confused me in the saracen thread, but james' bike is the one like mine.

actually, if you have decided to keep it then i would really appreciate more photos of the bike and exactly what equipment it had.

I have been searching for parts at the same time as looking for the bike and was going to build one up with one of those ebay frames if i couldn't find an original one.

Easy_Rider":2hdlb575 said:
yes dammit :LOL: stop rubbing my nose in it!

the one i have been searching years for! That picture has only just turned up last month, before that i was searching blind with only a coloured reflector bracket and my memory!

My heart jumped when i saw this, but alas it looks like james has decided to keep it :cry:

edit: actually that picture is slightly different, look at the cable routing. That's what confused me in the saracen thread, but james' bike is the one like mine.

Eeeek, sorry.

I am more than happy to help you out if you build you own, I will make a thread about the bike so you can see absolutely everything.

If I do decide to sell it, you get first pickings, so its all cool.

James

Latest posts

Back