Raleigh Rally & Pentlands Meet Sunday 16th August

DaveDH is leading, but is in Canada at the moment, so out of communication.

I'm not sure where Bonally Park is despite having been there several times, I'm going to dig out the map.

The Ken will know, the Pentlands is his old stamping ground.

Velo the lost :oops:

velomaniac":1bnjneny said:
The Ken will know, the Pentlands is his old stamping ground.

Thought as much, he always did look a bit philatelisty

Not so good enid, I'm blaming the harsh rigid rear end. Take it easy, if nothing else should be good for a few days of being waited on hand and foot by your better half, be sure and milk it for as long as possible.

Big ecks map is right, just follow bonally road to it's end up a lane past a Scout/Cubs place (on the left) and there is a small carpark and further up a sign that marks the start of a killer climb :) - its not too long. ;)

zigzag":1oj0lkfh said:
Not so good enid, I'm blaming the harsh rigid rear end. Take it easy, if nothing else should be good for a few days of being waited on hand and foot by your better half, be sure and milk it for as long as possible.

I Get treated like a King here anyway,
Trying not to let it show or there will be a total bike ban!! :LOL: :shock:

(might try and make it on the 'Dale ;) )

Gc

Canondale, hmmm sounds like a shop rebadge of a Townsend by some yorkshire LBS, sounds perfect for a Raleigh and cheapo brit bike meet ;)

Good on ya Enid but only show if your fit, back and nerve bother is not good.

Unlikely to be here altough I have started to look lustfully at the discarded Raleigh Alaska frame hanging in my garage :cool: :cool: Just noticed it has horizontal (like really horizontal) dropouts :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Don't do it Mr Panda, thats what I'm hitting the hills with, its way too heavey to be built into anything decent and the geometry is very slack.

Velo

You are right - its a heck of a beast. Might just have to weigh it for a laugh :LOL: ...............

Back