First Ride

kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Just come back from my first ride on the new steed.. Lovely day down here [even better if you're wearing persimmon lenses], no wind, crisp air and broken clouds..

Nice quick loop, nothing too stenuous ;)

Ratton singletrack from the foot of the East Dean Road round to Butts Brow, then back across the top to Paradise and down to the seafront.. Love the bike, I realise I was made for hardtails..

430251716_3d8e7afb40.jpg

kingroon":1qo12bt1 said:
Lovely day down here

By down here, do you mean Australia? Because having never been there I was quite surprised by how much like En-Ger-Land your pic looked.

:)

Hilts":38ywnqch said:
it must be the glasses but you look like 'action man' in biking gear....

HAHAHAHA I do a bit eh :oops:

Wu-Tangled, I'm down in Eastbourne on the Souf Coast of the UK, back for two weeks.. ;)

kingroon":34l2s8w9 said:
Wu-Tangled, I'm down in Eastbourne on the Souf Coast of the UK, back for two weeks.. ;)

That's so weird - I was going to say it looked like a Sussex seaside suburban house!

:shock:

FAIR DINKUM":10vcxud8 said:
John":10vcxud8 said:
Secret training for Saturday Matt ;)

According to Melvyn Bragg's The Adventure of English: The Biography of a Language, "dinkum" comes from the English Midlands and meant work. "Fair dinkum" referred to a fair day's work and subsequently fair play.

M. Griffiths, Waterloo

The word "dinkum" was reputedly coined on the Australian goldfields. It comes from one of the Chinese dialects widely spoken at the diggings: "din" and "kum" loosely translating as "true gold".

Catherine Le Breton, Leura

Fair Dinkum was a response of the early Chinese goldminers to the question: "Are you finding a fair amount of gold?" because "din-gum" means "good gold". So over time the expression has become a positive response to a good news story

:D

Back