Lincolnshire Area Group

Cool Steve, that would be good, let us know some dates and a potential meet location and we'll see what we can organise.

A gentle meet to suit all abilities would be good ;)

Ahhh - yes, not bad that ride over to Biscathorpe.
If you took the first track off to the left thats a great little DH right to the back of my house although being classed as a FP one obviously wouldnt do that sort of thing ;)

Antiquekona":375tbhjh said:
If you took the first track off to the left thats a great little DH right to the back of my house although being classed as a FP one obviously wouldnt do that sort of thing ;)

Been there, done that ;) . Going up it's good too! :D

Pickle":2h1tbjrz said:
Cool Steve, that would be good, let us know some dates and a potential meet location and we'll see what we can organise.

A gentle meet to suit all abilities would be good ;)

Okay Jon, like I said I work every other weekend and have just had the weekend off so that makes it easy to sort out. But... I'm not available w/end of the 4/5/6 Sept as we have shut down work on, & 18/19/20 Sept as I'm 'probably' away then. The Viking challenge is the 4 Oct and I'll be doing that also.

I ride every weekend I get off and mid week when I don't so if a mid week ride is preferable...?

Despite what people say the Wolds isn't easy peasy, OK they're not big, long hills but they are steep and do get you breathing hard so a little fitness is required. If those interested can make it known what they prefer to do it would make it easy for me to plan a route to suit. :D

Meeting points could be Willingham Woods near Market Rasen or right in the Heart of the Wolds, say somewhere like Belchford, Donington, Binbrook, Tealby etc. See what's preferable for most, I'm pretty easy as I'm there all the time. :)

Antiquekona":xk75tjlg said:
:LOL:
Have you ever fallen off in the fords at Biscathorpe - quite refreshing :roll:

I rode through the both of them yesterday as I was so bloody hot, made sure I kept it straight though as yes... I have fallen in one of them! (Not my fault, for some inexplicable reason my mate decided to brake quite hard immediately before the ford. I was riding no handed just behind him at the time and had to swerve to avoid him on the slime under the water - Splash! D'oh!) :oops:

Antiquekona":2dcl7i8r said:
:LOL:
Have you ever fallen off in the fords at Biscathorpe - quite refreshing :roll:

Actually, I've fallen off on lots of the trails in the Wolds, they can be quite a challenge when you ride there all year round in all weathers. :LOL:

If a ride goes ahead I'll most probably be able to make it,as I said I've done alot of roadie stuff out that way but not much mtb so a ride with guys who know the area might be 'eye opening' :D

I'm interested! Mid week is better for me as i run a bar! The Wolds sound good! Gonna try and make a trip to Sherwood pines soon if anyones interested as well?

I'd be up for a ride, but I'll have to get my fitness up.

Sherwood Pines is always welcome too - it's just down the road from me :LOL:

Back