FAT Chance wicked Finished pics on 1

good point about the bars . i expect they will make the front of the bike more direct and you will want to attack harder . normally small rocks will leave you relaxing your arms , you will force your way along i reckon

let us know if you find the front wheel seems flexy

perry":oic7em0t said:
good point about the bars . i expect they will make the front of the bike more direct and you will want to attack harder . normally small rocks will leave you relaxing your arms , you will force your way along i reckon

let us know if you find the front wheel seems flexy

Will do, tyres are both 2.25's so should also take a bit of sting out.

GoldenEraMTB":1mt5scuh said:
meant to ask:

is there a reason you removed the Groovy decals from the bar but not the fork?

Rob the Groovys come supplied with decals to put on yourself, I've still got these in a bag somewhere. TBH I'm not keen on the 'Luv Handles' moniker I asked rody and he also sent some regular groovy decals but as you see neither are fitted at the moment. I'll put one set on at some time but I'm undecided at the moment. :)

kaiser":2eowg1ww said:
GoldenEraMTB":2eowg1ww said:
meant to ask:

is there a reason you removed the Groovy decals from the bar but not the fork?

Rob the Groovys come supplied with decals to put on yourself, I've still got these in a bag somewhere. TBH I'm not keen on the 'Luv Handles' moniker I asked rody and he also sent some regular groovy decals but as you see neither are fitted at the moment. I'll put one set on at some time but I'm undecided at the moment. :)

ah, I see...

For this build, it looks better without the decals...was just wondering.

Well had a first off roadish ride this morn. To say off road would be cheating a bit mostly man made paths but there is an interesting bombhole to play about in. I found that the bike seems very efficient, gives a good position on the bike for putting the power down and cruising, nice and comfy :) At the bomb hole it was easy rolling off the downs and was able to keep a neutral position without having to hang off the back, though on the ups finding a front rear balance to stop the front lifting or the back spinning was interesting, definitely a narrow band. I'd be interested in the original design A-C of the fork, just to see how different the groovy is. Speaking of the groovy and the front end in general it does seem slightly on the heavy side, lifting it takes a wee bit more effort but I guess thats to be expected from an all steel front end. On the plus side the rougher terrain did not seem to trouble it at all and it was a case of look where you want to go and the bike goes, seemed to stick quite well even if theres a slightly on top of the bike feel.

Anyway it was hardly a testing route, hopefully get a chance through the week to test it on a trail more suited :)

Fat chance? Never heard of em... ;)

Glad its finally ridden! Do you think the front might be harder to lift cos of where the bars position the rider?

Looks very cool BTW :cool: Id love a Fat but might have to part with a couple or 3 P7's... (never!)

fingers":iec3rxyu said:
Fat chance? Never heard of em... ;)

Glad its finally ridden! Do you think the front might be harder to lift cos of where the bars position the rider?

Looks very cool BTW :cool: Id love a Fat but might have to part with a couple or 3 P7's... (never!)

I would say that's part of it. With the luv bars, a longer stem puts you in a better position for getting the front up. The steel luv bars aren't light, and I can only imagine the same can be said for the fork, but position might have more to do with it.

I'm not so sure, position should be good as I now measure all my bikes by top tube length and fit a stem which brings me into a sweet spot. The FAT's set up is bang in the middle. I realise this isn't the complete picture relating to geometry and handling but it gets me in the ballpark. I may have to start sizing the handhold position in relation to the front axle. I'll still hedge my bets though that its front end weight, I don't think the wheel is particullarly svelte either.

Back