Kili Comp 1999, probably.

Grannygrinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I sourced this frame from my LBS along with another larger one which I have since sold. General opion seems to be that its a 1998-9 Kili Comp although I don't think we are 100% sure :roll:
Chucked a few parts at it today, it will probably end up with suspension forks of some description and hopefully an XT drive train. I might try and see how many different colours I can throw at it before it looks ridiculous :D

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 2,015
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 2,015
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 2,015
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 2,015
I love the lines on that. It looks perfect. I didn't think Saracen made bikes that look that good as late as that. What's it made of?

Colours aside (its really only the forks that arent doing it for me), its a nice build.

Its steel, obviously, but apart from that I don't know. I haven't weighed this 16.5" frame but the 19" was a tickle under 2.2kgs. Maybe triple butted, 853(ish) I don't know. It would be nice to find out. The tubes are nice, top tube is ovalised into the seat tube and the seat tube is almost square where it meets the BB, nice curvey seatstays too in fact I really like it :D

If I had some gears they'd be on it. One singlespeed is enough for anyone, although my SS donated its wheels to this so technically I don't have one ;)

Lovely looking Saracen :D
If I were you I would move into pre-97 as I think Saracen had moved to a wishbone rear stay. Could be wrong and more than happy to stand corrected...

These were allegedly a cancelled order for Saracen. The shop i worked in at the time bought a shed load of them. They're reasonably light and pleasant to ride. Dunno know if the Saracen part is true. They were all that colour scheme

Orange71 has a Saracen Kili Comp which is very similar if not identical to this apart from his has an 'S' stamped into the back end of the top tube. Do a lot of later steel Saracen frames use ritchey dropouts?

Back