98 Mango Stumpjumper M2 Pro

Dont suppose you want the Specialized A1 stem and gold 150g bars for that ???

If you want some pics just let me know.

Tony....

sorry have to agree with an earlier opinion; the forks are wrong, - Never came with straight forks (apart from suspension), needs some Spec steel IMHO... Otherwise great :D

I like your bike a lot. The forks look good. If it were mine I'd change the stem for a black stem. Or ano the stem on it.
:cool:

If you want an idea of the original spec, my all original bar the front rim 98 Pro:

2586256271_a88594411e_b.jpg

Ian916, thanks buddy :D

They're staying put :twisted: , don't care if it's 'wrong'. I think curved forks would look wrong on this build,and it's only a Specialized :!: ;) I like my P2's.

Thanks for all the interest , these M2's have a real following! Will post up what's going on with the build tmrw.

I never think of keeping it 'period', I build them to what I think is functional foremostly but has to be equally pleasing to the eye.

I did have some lovely early Dia-compe V's all polished up and part fitted but they didn't 'go' with booster so have put some Deore's on, not my first choice, but looking at it now add to the functionality/aesthetic of it all.

I'm enjoying this build and hope to have ready for SW ride in a fortnight's time.

Thankyou P20, I've seen a few of these with bottom swing F/mech's, top swing suits much better IMO.Stem is now black TinTin.

Latest posts

Back