East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

done

00001-21.jpg

00002-9.jpg

my freewheel is seized though

A Crudcatcher :shock: :shock: Think of all the weight that can cling to it :D

Impressively clean I have to say.. can't see that lasting for long.

Regarding another thread and cleaning bikes I too decided that taking it into the shower with me would be a good idea. SWMBO disagreed. :(

ive always had a crudcatcher on it :LOL: the only changes are the seatclamp as the black one broke and an extra ziptie on the toptube . i also rubbed the fsa logos off the headset . bikes are for riding not reading :LOL:

im also using my hope c2 on the front as i was sick of the mini levers so i swapped the rear lever for a pro i had and i had a sport with a c2 already on it and was too lazy to put that lever on the mini caliper as i was planning on getting a front pro lever but im finding the older sport more comfy

i always end up washing the parts in the sink . its easy to just take something off , put it on the worktop and then wash it and let it dry , i can also make a cup of tea while doing it . i was pondering how i was going to get the frame to fit when it occurred to me just to shower it down . then i thought fook it ill do the wheels too :LOL:

when i build my house ill have a room downstairs that leads straight outside like a wet room that can be hosed down with washing machine , maybe a dishwasher for parts and a shower . it just makes sense . none of this abandoning the bike in a small wooden shack at the end of the garden and going into the house covered in mud having to strip off at the door and tip toe through nakie to the bathroom

ive found a blog by a lass in nottingham that rides at the pines a bit who has an old singlespeed orange . that isnt stalking is it ?

I remember my mum coming home from church and finding the cylinder head off the family car sitting on the draining board,she wasn't amused particularly as my dad should have been cooking Sunday lunch.
I agree with the wetroom, makes perfect sense, especially if it's big enough to serve as workshop too.

All ready, van loaded, hope you all have plenty of snacks to eat while waiting for me on the climbs.
Retro only in fitness chaps tomorow - sorry. ;)
Will prepare for the abuse as I unload a 4 week old bike from the van. :roll:

hehe well i'll be riding an '04 trek so im not riding retro tomorrow (my retro steed isnt really a rider, see link in my sig)

as for the climbs i'll be right behind u :p

Back