Gipiemme Parade wheels - spokes and freehub replacement

Dead Rats

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello from the MTB side of the forum! I've just bought these Gipiemme Parade wheels off eBay, they are for my girlfriend's old Vitus 787... this link will probably not work for long, so there are some pics below:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

I'm in need of a couple of replacement flat / aero spokes... how do I get hold of these spokes, anyone know what type they are (part no etc.)

I am looking to replace the freehub body and possibly the cartridge bearings because 1) the bike runs a 9 speed Shimano set-up and 2) it's really notchy - will any Shimano 9 speed freehub replace the Campagnolo one currently on there or is it particular to Gipiemme? Is it relatively easy to replace the freehub body (I have a fairly well-stocked workshop but no Campagnolo tools - in fact is that a Campy body?). Both hubs have cartridge bearings which appear to be removeble by loosening a grub screw... are these easy to find?

This is from the Park tools website:
Campagnolo® Freehub
Chorus and Record freehubs are held on by the axle. The freehub body holds cartridge bearings. The axle is independent of the freehub.
1. Remove set screw from side of drive side locknut.
2. Hold non-drive side cone with cone wrench. Loosen and remove drive side locknut.
3. Pull freehub to remove. Use care not to loose small parts. Note orientation of pawls as you remove freehub.

... this doesn't seem to concur with what I see - the third picture shows driveside rear wheel as it arrived - please help a Campy and freehub novice!

5648_142318451170_586536170_3786587_6095270_n.jpg

5648_142318426170_586536170_3786585_7030908_n.jpg

5648_142326996170_586536170_3786715_3152739_n.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
dunno what free hub that is but Campag free hubs don't fit Shimano hubs and vice versa. May be one of those made to fit 1 make of hub onto another hub but sticking shimano spacing on to campag hubs is usually done with after market sprockets/spacers. It doesn't look like a shimano free hub so I assume its campag. If its running in a shimano transmission its either a) got an after market cassette as above b) relying on the fact that you can usually get a mixed manufacture combo to work c) been set to run via the Hubbub system which grips the cable in such a way to change the amount of pull.

As its a campag free hub you are stuck with another one and trying a, b, or c as above. Search sheldon Brown and go through gears to spacing and hubbub

mattsccm":rsqf9gok said:
dunno what free hub that is but Campag free hubs don't fit Shimano hubs and vice versa. May be one of those made to fit 1 make of hub onto another hub but sticking shimano spacing on to campag hubs is usually done with after market sprockets/spacers. It doesn't look like a shimano free hub so I assume its campag. If its running in a shimano transmission its either a) got an after market cassette as above b) relying on the fact that you can usually get a mixed manufacture combo to work c) been set to run via the Hubbub system which grips the cable in such a way to change the amount of pull.

As its a campag free hub you are stuck with another one and trying a, b, or c as above. Search sheldon Brown and go through gears to spacing and hubbub

cheers for reply! when I say her bike is running Shimano I meant her bike was running Shimano on her old wheels and we're looking into possibility of getting these one (which appear to be Campy) to be compatible.

Incidentally, we've now discovered a crack in the rear hub shell so we're after a refund (even though she wants to keep the rims!)

Spokes

Whats the length of these babies? Measuring from the inside of the bend of the spoke to the rim +4mm will be about right.. I might have something that will do. Not as bladed as these things but aero nonetheless.

Cheers.

Back