B.o.T.M. Aug 2K+9 - Full suspension special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been watching the thread with interest, there are some stunning examples of FS builds on here, and I'd alsmot decided there and then who I'd be voting for but two other people have dropped in some amazing bikes. Now I'm stuck!

Just to add to the argument...sorry....debate, BITD when I was an impressionable youth I couldn't wait for the latest addition of a certain monthly MTB mag to gaze longinly at the full susers.

However what turned me against them and MTBing on a whole for a few years (Well and truly back now) was not the pivots, bushes and inches of travel, but the Di*?s that it attracted to our sport.

Gone where the weekends when you'd turn up at a NEMBA with one bike for trials and DH on the Saturday and XC on the Sunday. Now I've got nothing against proper D/Hers and the technology has enhanced all bikes, but for me it was the idiots and hangers on to the "Next big thing" that p***ed me off.

Any Lawill 6's out there will get my vote. :D

Yeah i agree with what you say , when you used to be able to go to the NEMBAs and BMBF races and enter all of the disiplines on the same bike was great fun , then when the full sussers came along you sort of needed to have 2 bikes 1 for XC and 1 for DH if you were going to take both seriously . i started to loose a bit of intrest when the XC and DH became seperated on to different weekends which sort of made you have to choose 1 or the other . since i have been back into biking there does seem to be a divide between cross country riders and downhill !i still enjoy the buzz of downhill and you can't beat going for a nice long XC ride .besides all that there are some great FS bikes here and i think rightfully belong here on retrobike as there development over the past 15 years or so is pretty incredible !
Rossi":2jp0p3ey said:
Just to add to the argument...sorry....debate, BITD when I was an impressionable youth I couldn't wait for the latest addition of a certain monthly MTB mag to gaze longinly at the full susers.

However what turned me against them and MTBing on a whole for a few years (Well and truly back now) was not the pivots, bushes and inches of travel, but the Di*?s that it attracted to our sport.

Gone where the weekends when you'd turn up at a NEMBA with one bike for trials and DH on the Saturday and XC on the Sunday. Now I've got nothing against proper D/Hers and the technology has enhanced all bikes, but for me it was the idiots and hangers on to the "Next big thing" that p***ed me off.

Any Lawill 6's out there will get my vote. :D

:shock: Is this BOTM the VRC style friction point that splits the community?

Dont be silly, its just a bit of fun, of course full on DH bikes are not going to be too popular around here. I mean even at my tender age of not quite 30 I view the whole DH bike thing in a distant second place to my main interest of early-mid 90's XC.

Still I suggest every one at least tries a silly travel FS bike, if only to make an informed choice, hell they can be good fun.

I think this could be an excellent BOTM. I'm just waiting for the San Andreases and early FSRs. Anyone got an SE Shocker kicking about? ;-)

with the lack of love, I regret entering now. I feel a no voter coming on

Lack of love or respect? All bikes have there niche, pisses me off when people have to slag things off just because its not there thing!! :evil:

Fully rigid, cantis and thumbies were before my time so dont hold that much interest to me .... Do I rant about them? No ... I enjoy looking/reading riding with people that do, every much as what really interests me more

Hell I might even join them one day to see what the fuss is about :LOL:

crud":1hz2kgud said:
with the lack of love, I regret entering now. I feel a no voter coming on

Ooh, early attempt at the sympathy vote? :)

Yours isn't even the worst LTS in the hat so don't worry about not scoring any votes :LOL:

Question I guess you should ask yourself is 'am I entering this just because it's got full suspension or because I really think it's BotM material?'

Long may people maintain their perspective and remember this is all a bit of fun ;)

danpiero":3uolt5rx said:
[You] used to be able to go to the NEMBAs and BMBF races and enter all of the disciplines on the same bike was great fun , then when the full sussers came along you sort of needed to have 2 bikes 1 for XC and 1 for DH

The last year of NEMBA was 1997 and I think even then the disciplines weren't so far apart that one bike still couldn't do you well on DH saturday and XC sunday. Certainly that's what we did with the Turner tandem up there, and the original owner of the Burner was doing. I have pics of the Burner being raced XC at the '97 Eston NEMBA round by it's previous owner. Other friends were still kicking butt in the DH/XC on fully rigids.

If anyone can find any NEMBA programmes from 1997 look for team "are last" in the Fun category - that's the Twin Burner.

where are the other fs-ers?
Boulders?, mololith?, Ibis ? Fat SOB's? etc,....
i am still missing some great bikes which are among us,..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back