B.o.T.M. Aug 2K+9 - Full suspension special

Status
Not open for further replies.
botm

what's the problem with this botm? fs is a part of cycling like any else like it or not. i used to hate on raodies and bmx, and other. i realized that any thing has its interesting and historic points. the site seems to be mtb biased but appreciate that it covers all genres. cycling and bikes should be loved not discriminated against. maybe i am just stating that because i am not even 30 years old yet and in the early days for me fs was just coming out and was important. my manitou fs won me lots of races. until it cracked. cheers

Golly - it is interesting seeing these entries and also the lack of support.

Its odd that retro fully suspended bikes just dont seem at all as popular as their hardtail brethren.

What a strange dynamic.

I'll be watching this BOM with great interest. :)

Delta V 1000 with M900 XTR

I'd like to submit my Delta V 1000, near NOS (< 100km). The original owner upgraded the bike from XC Comp to M900 when he purchased it in '92.

deltav2.jpg

deltav1.jpg

I agree whole-heartedly with some of the comments above, full-sussers are a BIG part of MTB history and IMHO are every bit as valid in the Retro MTB scene as any custom, fillet-brazed, back yard, small-time outfit, neon painted hard-tail! Go boingy or go home!

hey, that mongoose amp looks pretty sweet. A bike that spins dont look horrendous on, amazing!! :LOL:

This is shaping up to be a tricksy month :cool: for the full sus naysayers is nothing here grabbing your attention?

gump":1bz64kl5 said:
hey, that mongoose amp looks pretty sweet. A bike that spins dont look horrendous on, amazing!! :LOL:

Yeah I have to agree on that! I was thinking about entering my S-Bike 909, but I think I have seen my winner actually... I love those SPIN wheels! :cool:

Its odd that retro fully suspended bikes just dont seem at all as popular as their hardtail brethren.

I'm not sure that it's that odd. It's harder to get an old FS bike up together, for a start. The most a hardtail frame's likely to need is some paint, while an FS is potentially going to involve you in bearings, bushings, pivots, rebuilding obsolete shocks and all manner of other nightmarishness.

You could also argue that good old hardtails are still good bikes by today's standards, but (with a very few honourable exceptions) old FS bikes, um, aren't ;-) Which tends to put them in the "historically interesting" rather than the "rewarding ride" category and therefore something of a (even more) niche interest. Maybe?

I'd enter this one, but my FS is only from 1998 and all the parts on it are from 2008 ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back