Arran aftermath pics and words thread- pic heavy

Dr S":g44bxmr0 said:
Off to purchase chips and cheese

Si

Ha! so glad I wasnt the only one whose plans for tonights meal was inspired by that photo!

At the tail of the trail and the tail of the write ups - sometimes other stuff just gets in the way :roll: Zigzag's thankfully done the deed with the detail, so here's the detail indeed.

Day started of badly around 2am when temperature plummeted in tent and No1 son nicked sleeping bag, leaving me with fleece rug affair. Woke up every hour after that cursing lack of insulation.

Up at 7am to promising weather and brilliant idea to try new Shimano Suicide Pedalling Dynamic set up today - yeah! Kedgeree breakfast then away spannering with the SPDs - OMG this bike looks faster already :p

Arrive at Lamlash and remove front pannier (commuting use for last few weeks) from fork then notice lack of bottle cage, B#gger! Fcuk about in car looking, unsuccessfully, for spare bottle cage. B#gger! Lose inhaler. Feck. Find spare inhaler in glovebox - result. Stuffs everything, inc water bottles, into Fanny Pack then rattle off towards pier to meet other Retrobikers from boat, plus Arran Guys on new, shiney, capable bicycles :cry:

Quick intros then join rear of peloton and remain there all day :LOL: Good run out along route selected by Arran Bike Club folk in champion weather as can be seen from pics.

Must point out that if it wasn't for me this thread wouldn't be Pic Heavy as the others wouldn't have had so many oppotunities for photo stops :D Your patience is appreciated :cool:

Good bits - folk, weather, route, bikes, faling off safely, piccies
Less good bits - bracken and lots of it, hate bracken :twisted: , pannier carrier collecting bracken, then more bracken on the cliff-top path, Suicide Pedals :LOL: :LOL: they're a hoot - getting out was ok but clipping in quickly still to be mastered. Halucinations dreams of me road bike when too hot :shock:

when's the next one?

Ohh, nearly forgot. Mooching around inlaws garage on Sunday evening, found this:

DSCF1764.jpg

which has this
DSCF1767.jpg

DSCF1780.jpg

DSCF1772.jpg

Hmmmm - might have a use for that, without the Ap*llo content......

Was great to meet you mr panda, what a day to try out spd's you crazy boy! We are all still wondering about the origin of your handle? Remember if you are getting shot of that terrible orange- I'm your man. Thanks for the super cheap stem now on the clockwork muchos ta!

clockworkgazz":2um6wecm said:
Was great to meet you mr panda, what a day to try out spd's you crazy boy! We are all still wondering about the origin of your handle? Remember if you are getting shot of that terrible orange- I'm your man. Thanks for the super cheap stem now on the clockwork muchos ta!

What this one!!!!????

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... light=c16r

No, its mine I tell you :!: BTW - its a 19" as I said and feels ok to use and I'm quite a lanky git as you saw, although not as lanky as that elderly bearded chap :D
Seriously - I've taken the C16 on some pretty long runs and its been fine, better on the rough than on tarmac though. Tarmac is a pain in the lower back. How about you try a Kona at some point - slightly longer top tube than Oranges of the same frame size.........

.....Actual top tube, c-c 57cm. Virtual c-c around 58.5cm. (For reference the Kona I had on Arran was approx 60cm actual, 62cm virtual, but then that 's on the larger 21" :oops: frame )

Going by Mrs P's 19" Lava Dome, TT about 1/2" longer than similar size Orange.

No access to imperial measuring tape at the mo - were trying to modernise things round here ;) So you'll need to do the conversion yourself :)

Note also mine has a sloping top tube - i don't think yours does, from pics i've seen. Not sure if modifications made to rest of the geometry when TT sloping design introduced.:?

Not much bigger than mine then, how are you measuring the frame size? Mine is centre to centre at 18 inch but jimi recons mine is a 19 inch?

Back