FAT Chance wicked Finished pics on 1

utahdog2003":12dwiph6 said:
kaiser":12dwiph6 said:
Salsa's staying for now too :)

Just make sure it wasn't a recalled item! :shock: I hope yours isn't included, as it really fits the bike in my opinion, but still...better safe than sorry. :cry:

http://www.salsacromotostem.com/

This stem is not part of the recall. I've owned the stem since june of 2006.

kaiser":12dwiph6 said:
I was aware of the recall but went ahead anyway, in fact I've just bought another too. I had actually a nice orange one to match my ala carte and went through the procedure of replacing it which turned into a bit of a farce, but that sanother story. Reckon I'll take the risk an monitor uit.

I wouldn't have sold the stem knowing of the recall, so no worries. I'm sitting on a salsa quill stem that is part of the recall, NIB. Bought it off ebay a year ago and now can't use it :?

utahdog2003":3upnfjx9 said:
)

I went thru and looked at the pictures again. That is a really neat looking bike, K. The purple is striking. The red, the black fork and stem/bar, the white seat. Really, really nice. :cool: :D

Cheers bud, Im quite pleased with the colour scheme. :D

Very sweet! Like the forks and handlebar, does the bar absorb the bumps well being made of steel?

tuercas":3485rg1k said:
Very sweet! Like the forks and handlebar, does the bar absorb the bumps well being made of steel?

Cheers :D I haven't ridden off road yet, hopefully next week. But the steel front end was with comfort in mind,swept bars bars agree with me though the straight blade forks may detract from this. I shall report back after a days trail riding :D

GoldenEraMTB":2gcyiedn said:
utahdog2003":2gcyiedn said:
GoldenEraMTB":2gcyiedn said:

Problem solved! :cool:

Happy to help :cool:

And indeed you did, nothing else would have suited or allowed me to fit the groovys :D

Look's great K :cool: , far better with the white saddle on it, sorry if i seemed a bit underenthusiastic on Sunday, i like it honest :LOL:

kaiser":29cr5yzq said:
GoldenEraMTB":29cr5yzq said:
utahdog2003":29cr5yzq said:
GoldenEraMTB":29cr5yzq said:

Problem solved! :cool:

Happy to help :cool:

And indeed you did, nothing else would have suited or allowed me to fit the groovys :D

cool, and those groovys, both the fork and bar make this build as nice as it is...imho :)

Back