RetroBike Spring Meet 24th Mar - The details ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heathy
First post of this thread should give you everything you need to get there..

Pm me if you're having problems and I'll try and find some more links..

Just a quick note to say ALL are welcome. If you've not got anything retro running who cares? Come along for the ride and chat.

See you all Saturday

John

Tyred and Emotional

As a Northerner heading out of my riding comfort zone - how does one go about tyre selection for the N Downs ride... age specific, width, amount of tread left (after 10 years), or of course, colour?????

;)

Neil

Attachments

• Tyred and emotional 3.jpg
    Tyred and emotional 3.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 2,073
Competitions, Forfeits and General Silliness requires an element of planning.... can I suggest the following:

1. Lateness Award - if Cannock is anything to go by, I know where I would place my bets, however it's normally contested between the nearest bods to the venue...

2. First Mechanical Award - almost certainly the most expensive or blingiest bike will pop first...

3. The Lost at Sea Award - to the inevitable poor soul that takes the wrong route only to be lifted by the fuzz at dusk on the M25...

4. Most Inappropriately Dressed Trophy - let battle commence fashionistas!

5. The Laggards Cup - traditionally fought over by myself and Max, we suspect by the number of 'oh I'll have to start training' quips that we will have stiff competition here!

6. Girls Allowed Medallion - previously a shoe-in category for Jez, I suspect he could actually be challenged by a real live girl....

7. The Kona Award - don't even go there...!

Add more as you see fit....

Neil

not sure for the tyres . in Feb it was muddy as hell , but my local trails were very dry last week end . at the moment I have Spikes fitted . :LOL:

Girls Allowed Medallion - previously a shoe-in category for Jez, I suspect he could actually be challenged by a real live girl....

that has made my day (sorry Jezza)

Great ideas there Neil, be good to do a few of those, to be judged over Dinner that night I reckon !!

'First mechanical' is likely to be me at this rate... :( my shock (which popped on the reccie ride) has decided to fuse itself into the rear stays... :( its been soaking in wd40 for the past few days and im about to take big grippy tools to it... not a fun experience! :(

Re: Tyred and Emotional

mrkawasaki":3m7d364v said:
age specific, width, amount of tread left (after 10 years), or of course, colour?????

Don't worry if they're appropriate - just make sure the colour of your tyres compliments either your attire/bike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back