Raleigh Rally & Pentlands Meet Sunday 16th August

erm , i only own a fullface helmet :oops: :oops: :oops: and i can't wear that on a raleigh massif :roll:

i'll have to see about buying another for these meets :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

oh and am sounds better tbh...

Get yerself a cheap lid, they still have to satisfy BSI standards and the basic ones even look retro :LOL:

Alternatively hide your shame from the modern bike riders behind the full face lid, riding an old Raleigh can't be more stupid than that :LOL: :cool:

Either way, helmets a must :roll:

big.eck":3tpb3ku7 said:
i'll have to see about buying another for these meets :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I bought a cheap one from CRC when i started riding seriously last year, was 20 odd quid i think, was going to upgrade this year but it does the job and looks fine so probably wont bother :)

Have a nice easy route in my head, meet at Bonaly Country Park giving a last blast at the finish...

Won't be about much till the day as I'm off to Canada on friday- don't get back till the day before the ride and will have to get the bike finished then... so there's a small chance I'll be on the modern for this! Especially since I have a powerpoint presentation to condense following discussions with the boss today...

Let me know a time to turn up, I'll be there sometime after that...

I got a decent deal from CRC on "last seasons colours " Giro, said they were half price, all i noticed was they were atleast £35 cheaper than E.B.C ;)
Dont like spending money, so I'm made to do it wisely :LOL:

OH: an am start would be better for me, like 10~11 ish??

Gc

big eck - lidl's might have some left over - they had them in 2 weeks back - 7 or 8.99 - quality helmet for the price.... and it meets BSI standards. My son has one - it is pretty good and looks fine.

i try'd lidls today but they had none.....(cheers tho ken) so i'll be going to halfrauds tomorrow :D

big.eck":2hime1xk said:
i try'd lidls today but they had none.....(cheers tho ken) so i'll be going to halfrauds tomorrow :D

Honest mate,
Im not trying to "plug" them but try crc's website
They ALWAYS have stuff on sale and i find their service and delivery really pretty damn impressive
On a seperate topic, for velo ,zig-zag and downhill dave, I got the job at bmw so my retro outings are limited before i even got established :oops:

Gc

Some say he smells of carpolish and his eyes like the colour of money but we know him as Enid Puceflange :roll:

Cant handle the kick back and care less attitude of the righteous wage slave escapee. A well, BMW mtb's are pretty nice it must be said :cool:

You must try at least one ride every couple of months Enid, don't become one of those forum only retrobikers.

Cheers Velo

velomaniac":29kfxxvy said:
Some say he smells of carpolish and his eyes like the colour of money but we know him as Enid Puceflange :roll:

Now thats pretty funny :LOL: :LOL:
Im pretty sure I will be able to make "guest" appearances now and then. ;)
Still got to give them a start date , but I will be there on the 16th

Gc

Back