East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

Chatsworth Sunday 9th August is ON :D

So, be prepared for a ride that takes in all sorts of scenery - we have moorland, disused railway, Chatsworth grounds, woods, singletrack, etc. Likely to be muddy in places. Likely to be any weather - be prepared!! Bring wet weather gear and plenty of food/drink - we don't want anybody to bonk mid-route.

It is also quite hilly, so bring your hill-climbing legs. We have all day (well I do, don't know about you!) so we can easily go at the pace of the slowest and still do it in less than 5 hours. I have done it in about 2 hr 30 mins. Not a great amount of opportunity for pub stops along the way unless we go slightly off route - which is always possible :D We do venture into the outskirts of Bakewell at about halfway so this could be a good chance.

Meet at Caudwell Mill, Rowsley - the car park is under the trees in the middle of the image, access off Woodhouse Road: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... 5&t=h&z=18 at 10am (or sooner if you can) a) to avoid the traffic b) to get a free car parking place. Depending on the weather of course it can get quite busy if we leave it too late.

For anybody new to our group, I'll be in a black Saab 93. Probably bringing my Klein Adept Comp (bright orange/yellow - can't miss it!!).

Disclaimer: Don't let me put you off, but you come at your own risk understanding that this is a proper mountain biking route where the unwary can get hurt and the weather can change to our detriment - you have been warned :shock: Having said that, we're never really exposed and I don't anticipate any real problems except mechanicals :roll: :LOL:

If you wish to come can you indicate below just so we know who to expect on the day. We'll try and leave at 10.30 at the latest. If any of you want my mobile number then PM me, but I don't know what the signal is like there.

Khane, I'm in Ashby and could pick you up at say 8.45 .
Have to remove wheels to get bikes into the back of an old SAAB .

Back