Attitude revised :-)

Void(EN12-82)

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all,

Well, after months and months of waiting for parts, finding parts, swapping parts and trying to get parts working with each other I have finally finished (again) building my KLEIN Attitude. It's a 1990 model (I think) and I had it finished before with XT parts etc. Now I have everything 7-speed Suntour XC Pro with a black TopLine crankset with Tioga Tioga bolts and XC Pro pedals (they're very light actually!). Mechs are XC Pro, as are the shifters (7-speed) and brake levers. The brakes are Onza H.O. and the wheels are XC Pro hubs with Araya Rims. And in the back...... bom bom boooommmmm A DISC DRIVE PRO! Sorry, couldn't resist :oops: I have to say it looks best on this bike from all the bikes I have. And I finally got the damn thing centered and equally tensioned (took me ages!). And the best thing is, I mounted a plain KMC X9 chain and it works (shifts) like a dream!!

Anyhoo, here's some pictures of the new build:

kleinattitude01.jpg

kleinattitude02.jpg

kleinattitude03.jpg

kleinattitude04.jpg

kleinattitude05.jpg

kleinattitude06.jpg

kleinattitude07.jpg

Can't wait to try this one out... hopefully the Disc Drive holds :twisted:

Well, only thing is that unfortunately they drilled the rear brake holes (the one up front and rear that is) to get V-brakes on the bike. So now I've put in one of those little canti-brake barrel adjusters to keep the brake outer from sliding into the top tube... they didn't drill it out all the way though, so I think I'll have it fixed in a better way sometime (I already have an idea about how to "safely" fix that hehe). So then at least that horrible grey alu thingie is away at the front and the brake outer will run into the top-tube like it should "Borg-style" :LOL:

Back