East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

rc200ti":8qn4gy3z said:
Hi Antiquekona,
It's out of range for me for an evening ride (130 mile round trip), but I'd be interested in a weekend jaunt. Suggest some dates and see if we can get a group together, maybe Willingham Woods rather than the Pines. :).
What kind of area does it cover ?

Well it is "woods" rather than "forest" but if any of you chaps would like a steady jaunt around the Lincolnshire Wolds and take in the woods I would be happy to organise something :D

not checked in here for a while so hi guys.

antiquekona, i'd be up for something.

my parents live at east ravendale so i was also thinking of organising a bit of a wolds bimble

Re: Willingham Woods

Antiquekona":24mt3crj said:
Anyone been to Willingham Woods, or want to go on an evening, or been recently (its near Market Rasen). Trailblazers have done some fantastic work in there - not that I can do any of the Northshore type stuff - but there are some doable downhill bits where you can go around the scary non retro type ramps and drop offs :LOL:

Just wondered if anyone on here is located close to me for a couple of hours hack??

i have been to willingham. the woods themselves are pretty flat (not a problem, just a comment)

i have been to the hamilton hill freeride area and they have changed it recently. the see-saw has been snapped in half and the downhill runs have also altered. dont know if you know but it is meant to be members only (£15 a year) i have seen a few locals there and they have been pretty cool about things but if a big group of us turned up things could be different.

i'm up for something though

Hi Lewis

Yes - you are right about membership only - however I am sure a word with the right person and a small donation would secure. However, I took my young lad early Sunday morning and the place was deserted which was great as we could just do little bits of it.
My feeling is however that it does not fit in with a retro ride to actually go and spend time on those sections as they are more modern day freeride/ pretty severe jumps/drop offs etc - certainly none of the runs I saw could be classed as retro downhill - i.e doable with a full rigid unless you were Hans Ray style or similar capability!
Retro downhill would however include the drop into Waelsby - which would be in my Wolds Pootle as would the pub in Tealby :D

I'm really sorry I've been dragging my feet about this - I'm hoping to persuade my mate to do Chatsworth this Sunday - I'll give him a bell later and hopefully have a definitive answer for you later tonight. :oops:

Hey guys,

I'm still waiting for my bike to be fixed, they only found the rim on friday and said they would ring me today but havent so I will be nipping in tomorrow and hopefully it will be fixed in time for the evening ride.

Excellent - know where you're going? Ticknall village hall car park 6.30pm. Should be a few of us. :D

Back