Big Dirty Weekender Aftermath Thread

Aah...found out why my front mech was playing up-anyone got a Sachs Quartz front mech bracket or suitable non-shimano front mech? :roll:

Attachments

• P1020913.JPG
    P1020913.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,598
Looks like a top weekend blessed with good weather - shame I couldn't make it.

Oh and Tim, think I have one of the Sachs front mechs and brackets - PM me to remind me to have a look.

Thanks

Hi m-trax

Many thanks for for asking about me, i visited the Docs when i got back
and was diagnosed with a Chest Infection, i am off work at the moment but i am starting to feel a little better. I cannot believe how quickly it developed from a sore throat one day to a bad chest infection the next day; as i am normaly fairly fit.

I felt quite ill during the Big Dirty Weekender, and was very dissapointed not to have completed the ride on Saturday, but i new that i could not carry on as i was struggling to breath. I think i should have really have gone home but i did not feel well enough to drive back for 2 and half hours; and also i had already booked in with the B&B for two nights. I was hoping that i might feel better on the Sunday but just felt worse.

I did my best to stay around at the event but turned out to be an
unfortunate one for me.

Thanks to Ed "large size Fuquay", for also making me welcome, a fellow rider also from Derby as it turned out, and also mr and mrs ? hope your leg injury is getting better Ed and also to the rider who fractured his ribs.

Cheers

Gary.

Re: Thanks

airbrusher":kfcxkm2k said:
Hi m-trax

Many thanks for for asking about me, i visited the Docs when i got back
and was diagnosed with a Chest Infection, i am off work at the moment but i am starting to feel a little better. I cannot believe how quickly it developed from a sore throat one day to a bad chest infection the next day; as i am normaly fairly fit.

I hope you get better soon. I was a little worried as you didn't look too good at all.

Thanks to Ed "large size Fuquay", for also making me welcome, a fellow rider also from Derby as it turned out, and also mr and mrs ? hope your leg injury is getting better Ed

no probs - always nice to meet local chaps and chapesses. Come and find us on our East Midlands thread - join us for local rides when you feel up to it. Leg better now ta - it's not the gash that's the problem - it seems to have swollen up behind my kneecap quite a bit, so just waiting for that to go down now :roll: Sithlord's got the bigger problem with a broken rib etc :(

Congrats to all the organisers and attendees - it's this sort of thing that sets Retrobike(rs) apart!

Mr K

PS. Have to make the Peaks ride a deliberately back-to-basics affair now... ;-)

OMG!

Just remembered that the fridge freezer in the truck needed emptying from last weekend. I've just opened it up to find all the left over meat putrifying amongst the 2 litre bottle of milk that has exploded..

just brought up my lunch :? :cry: :x :? :oops: :roll:

question is, do I keep the 6 bottles of stella and the unopened bottle of sangria??

Si

nasty!

Reckon the beer will be fine, although I wouldn't drink it out the bottle, unless you like a good meaty brew.....

Back