My '96 Zaskar so far (Pic Heavy)

Re: re:

captain8track":3lcjpowj said:
what happend to the spinergys? I've always loved them...

Ah, 'tis a long story! Basically, I wanted some Hope wheels, so I swapped them with a guy. The guy then decided that he didn't want them as the rear bearings were starting to go. So I contacted another guy who wanted to swap for HIS Hope wheels... So I had the Spinergys sent to him. Somewhere along the way they got damaged, so the Spinergys got sent back to me. I then sold them on here for the measly sum of £40 and put the money towards the wheels that you see on the Zaskar now!

They were pretty cool though - Purely a novelty thing though as anyone who's ever ridden a pair knows that they're not exactly what you'd call "good"!! :?

re:

ha, nah well good is a controversial thing:)

a tioga disc in the back and a spinergy in the front:) what a sound that bike would give...

have a friend in france who always ride spinergy in the back, cause he feels that makes him a lof of comfort, and that u don't feel that much flex in the back:)

the bike is tough as nails, good match of components.

I Nitromors'd the seatpost this morning to remove the horrible yellow spray paint from it and it came up pretty well - I can certainly put up with it until I can find the money to buy a 27.0 ringle one!

I'm sure it's a 27.2 you'll need. Thats's what fitted my '96 and what I've got in my '98 Zaskar.
When my '96 Zaskar was new I used a 27.0 X-lite seatpost as that's what the shop told me would fit. I split 2 posts (between clamp & shaft) before I found out I needed a 27.2.

S8-Tom":29flaels said:
I'm sure it's a 27.2 you'll need. Thats's what fitted my '96 and what I've got in my '98 Zaskar.
When my '96 Zaskar was new I used a 27.0 X-lite seatpost as that's what the shop told me would fit. I split 2 posts (between clamp & shaft) before I found out I needed a 27.2.

It's strange, because some people say it's a 27.0 and some say it's a 27.2! I wish I had a 'normal' seatpost in there at the moment instead of the USE one because then I'd know. I've checked the USE sleeve and it doesn't give anything away on there either.

I'll measure it up before I get a new post just to make sure.

Re: re:

captain8track":2hnmasry said:
the bike is tough as nails, good match of components.

It certainly feels solid. It's light (24lb) but it doesn't feel fragile at all. I'm pleased with it :)

Tulstar":14gex2p6 said:
S8-Tom":14gex2p6 said:

It's strange, because some people say it's a 27.0 and some say it's a 27.2! I wish I had a 'normal' seatpost in there at the moment instead of the USE one because then I'd know. I've checked the USE sleeve and it doesn't give anything away on there either.

I'll measure it up before I get a new post just to make sure.

The great 96 Zaskar Seatpost size debate ....well i had a ano Red 96 Zaskar back in the day al always fitted a 27.2 ....just got my paws on a mint condition Ink Blue 96 Zaskar yesterday and it came with you guessed it a 27.2 mm post !!

Hmmmm.... :?

So did they make some with 27.0 and some with 27.2 then? I've tried measuring the internal diameter of my seat tube but my tape measure just isn't accurate enough! It just measures around 27mm!

Another pic (taken this morning).

I decided last night that I wanted to go for a "play" on the bike, so down went the seatpost (it may still look high, but the frame is titchy!), and on went the riser bars and flat pedals.

The combination of the light weight (the flat pedals are actually lighter than my SPDs surprisingly!), wide bars and steep head angle made it really nice and agile. I think I might just keep it this way :):)

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNTktMjAwOTA4MDUtMDc0M.jpg

Back