NE&YORKS Noggin and Natter

Dr S":3dw4zjvq said:
Will be up at thrunton on Tuesday- picking Drew up about 18:30-19:00 ish so shoulb be there for halfpast.

Going out on some of the local stuff tonight to try and keep the momentum up :)

Si
Sounds like a plan.

I've not had any momentum last two weeks, so I'm gonna be slooooooooow.

Drew you bought some lights? Also worth checking your biking, its been standing for two years!!

Hi chaps

Anyone up for slapping some slicks on a Retro steed and having a crack at the Great North Bike Ride Aug 30th?

I've just got make pack thru so I'll be spreading a l'il Retrobike luv from Seahoooooses to Tynemoooooth.

Great to see one and all if available and willing :D

Rhys

velomaniac":2ma8j6i3 said:
Dr S. soon to be Dr SS. :LOL:

Now would that be Simply Stupid, suprisingly smiling, so sore, sodding soaking, sod singlespeeds, or all of the above?

Made it round on the good ship SS Cotic but feel knackered. Thrunton on 32/15 with my weedy legs was not the best idea I have ever had, but on the whole I enjoyed the experience.
I now need to decide wether to wimp out and go 32/16 or to crack on and build up the legs to the required level.

Off for another shower ( it absolutely pissed it down within two minutes of leaving the car park) :roll:

si

I would go 32 / 16 ss can be hard on the knees and them there hills you have are jolly steep. Bit of a pisser about the weather but suppose this is blighty after all :roll: how did the bike roll, is this the first off road with her?

Bike was fantastic. Its so light now (22lbs) compared to last time out. It tracks so much better with the carbon forks and i don't miss the suss at all (2.4 tyres are squishy enough to take the buzz out). Everything has suddenly come to life on the bike now, turn in and cornering are so much better, climbing is easier and the smaller brakes are good (if a little more prone to fade on longer faster decents).
Apart from the gearing I can't think on anything I want to change. Going to go tubeless though as I continued my 100% puncture record with a front slow again :roll:

Back