2005 Bianchi S.A.S.S.

I havent had any issues with it so far, but they are fairly old and wont be making their way onto the new build. I have bought some Truvativ Isoflow single speed specific cranks and BB for $40 on eBay. Going for a 38T ring and probably either a 16 at the back as I will mainly use for road riding.

Quick update - No piccies as yet, but a load of new parts arrived yesterday and I have started to fit them.

New Headset was pressed into the frame and the forks slotted straight in - ideally sized, exactly the same as the Kona, so everything upfront is sorted.

I've installed the new BB finger tight and waiting for the BB tool to arrive to get the correct fit. I'll then fit the new cranks which look great in all black.

I have the new surly tuggnut tensioner and a Gold KMC singlespeed chain to round out the drive train.

A new pair of Schwalbe Table Top tyres are ready to be fitted and then I'll just be waiting for the new seatpost to land before she is all set to go.

Quick question - how important is getting the correct Torque settings on things like the Bottom Bracket, etc.. ? I haven't got a torque wrench and always have just gone with the, get it nice and tight, approach? Is it about time I invested in a torque wrench?

You have to be a gorilla on steroids to strip the BB thread. Other stuff is easier to wreck - especially alu or magnesium. Having said that, I've never used any of my 3 torque wrenches on my bikes, and ain't stripped anything....... yet!

The build is making great progress.

I have the headset in, the forks fitted, the bottom bracket fitted, the cranks on, rear brake attached, new tyres fitted and wheels in place.

Waiting for the new seat post to arrive and then she's almost good to go and I can't wait for that first ride - I have high hopes!

Beside having a little tensioner issues (see othe thread), I think I'm just after a couple of finishing touches. First one being some kind of screw in cable guides.

You'll see in theis picture that on the seat stays there are two threaded holes that follow the brake line.

DSC01176.jpg

Does anyone know where I can find some of these? I've tried numerous google searches but with no luck.

Looking for some info on size

Your SASS looks sweet. I'm on the fence myself about buying one and am ready to pull the trigger, but am curious about sizing. The standover seems a bit high for a mountain bike- I'm also looking at a 17.5, but I have a 30" inseam and typically ride a bike with a 22 inch top tube (though I typically ride a 17 or Med). How tall are you and how does the bike fit?

Re:

richi78":3lqv8mwz said:
ok, all finished. Here are some final piccies.

DSC01209.jpg

DSC01210.jpg

DSC01211.jpg

DSC01212.jpg

DSC01213.jpg

DSC01214.jpg

DSC01215.jpg
Just seen this - what a stunning bike! I've never seen one of these before

Latest posts

Back