Road Bike of The Month Aug 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 1981 Koga ProRacer

347053035_e1a09fbd97_b.jpg

All pics

Now I've officially entered the 1st ever roadbike in the 1st ever Road BOTM :D

John, that's sooo spooky, I was only thinking yesterday about writing and asking if ever a road bike had won Bike of the Month, as they all seemed to be MTBs.

I'm glad this has come-up now as my 1989 Carlton tourer restore is due back on the road in the next week or two, so hope to get some pics up soon.

:D

Cheers

Great start Melvin :D

carlton dyna-tech":1netzd2e said:
John, that's sooo spooky, I was only thinking yesterday about writing and asking if ever a road bike had won Bike of the Month, as they all seemed to be MTBs.

Never had a road winner. BoTM tends to be MTB biased.

Will throw one of my own in 1993 Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra

main.php

I was thinking the same thing myself - Now, I normally just post carboot/ police auction/ recycling centre tatt but now is my chance to post something better:

my Eddy Merckx Strada

Attachments

• Eddy Merckx Strada.jpg
    Eddy Merckx Strada.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 1,313
John, are we 'categorising' in this, or does Road Bike include 'racers' (ie: no mudguards and/or racks), 'Tourers' (Ie: mudguards/fenders and/or racks) and, in-fact, ANY bike that doesn't possess 26-inch knobblies?

Cheers

PS
NICE Strada, Legrandefromage!

carlton dyna-tech":28dxd3t6 said:
John, are we 'categorising' in this, or does Road Bike include 'racers' (ie: no mudguards and/or racks), 'Tourers' (Ie: mudguards/fenders and/or racks) and, in-fact, ANY bike that doesn't possess 26-inch knobblies?

Cheers

PS
NICE Strada, Legrandefromage!

We'll keep it fairly relaxed as ever. Lightweight, racer, tourer, track, fixed, cyclocross, ordinary, penny farthing whatever.

Merckx corsa extra

I will put forward my Merckx Corsa Extra.
Never entered any BOTM before and nows a good a time as any seeing the other entries. You can never have too many Merckx :cool:

Taken this afternoon on my ride home from work, thats Hoy in the background, through the fence on the left.
(please excuse the Specialized water bottle)

IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back