Balance 450 fs (couple of new bits fitted)

Dont know if it's a common thing locking out rear suspension bikes but i would'nt have thought it's a good idea unless it's been designed to work like that (like forks with lockout), pretty sure you'll risk breaking something even though the Ballance look's stronger than an original Manitou, most likeley the pivot points will be at risk as these have been built to work with the suspension taking the shock.

If you cant get the elastormers and the rear forks are the same as Manitou's why not go for the steel spring upgrade, this is what i used on my Manitou, easily bought from the states (E-bay) and work well.

jimihendrix":afbe6daj said:
Dont know if it's a common thing locking out rear suspension bikes but i would'nt have thought it's a good idea unless it's been designed to work like that (like forks with lockout), pretty sure you'll risk breaking something even though the Ballance look's stronger than an original Manitou, most likeley the pivot points will be at risk as these have been built to work with the suspension taking the shock.

If you cant get the elastormers and the rear forks are the same as Manitou's why not go for the steel spring upgrade, this is what i used on my Manitou, easily bought from the states (E-bay) and work well.

Its not a problem sourcing the rear elastomers, its the left side suss unit, its totally seized solid. believe me , i have tried absolutely everything to get the stantion to move. its like it has been araldited in the slider bushing or similar. but its NO moving :evil: :x :(

Gc

Just popping some other pics of this up
08082009184.jpg

08082009186.jpg

08082009187.jpg

Tis sold now, whos got it now though??? :(

G

this has found its way into my posession. unfortunately somewhere along the line the rear mech hanger threads have been stripped and it isnt replaceable.

i dont have the cash to get it sorted so chances are very high that this will be built as a singlespeed hardtail and sold on for not a lot!

the good thing is the bar/stem combo have found their way back onto the frame

lewis1641":210f0gtq said:
this has found its way into my posession. unfortunately somewhere along the line the rear mech hanger threads have been stripped and it isnt replaceable.

i dont have the cash to get it sorted so chances are very high that this will be built as a singlespeed hardtail and sold on for not a lot!

the good thing is the bar/stem combo have found their way back onto the frame

BETD have an economical repair doodah

May be worth asking a local bike shop if they have the kit or can fit a helicoil (cyclo/cyclus make a kit) Thread is 10mm x 1 if you're trying engineering companies too.

Nice to see its still doing the rounds,
As you can see in my pics, when I was using it, I had it geared and rear mech fitted no probs :?
Did you manage to free up the rear end ?

Magic looking piece of kit, was just literally crippling me riding it :LOL:

Gc

Back