My Coyote HT5 Ultralite build

Cranks are LX - M569. The XTs of the same era were identical to look at (m739) but had a gold(ish) outer chain-ring rather than the black, and IIRC the cranks were cold forged not hot forged or some such cods-wallop making the XT cranks 'stronger'!

Go XTR I say. I like the look of my M569s but the teeth have worn and replacement outer rings are not easy to some by (in Australia at least).

Oh and I have Coyote catalogue from 1999 that I souvenired from a trade show BITD... here's a scan of the HT3 page showing no disk mounts, so I'd guess yours is newer than that.

Attachments

• HT3.jpg
    HT3.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 6,198
My HT3 was the same as your catalogue pic and had disc mounts. The pic was probably a pre-production model.

So I have LX cranks - thanks for that! I bought them advertised as XT but oh well who cares really. I do agree, XTR is probably the way to go at some point.

Cool advert there - I dare say mine looks slightly different so probably not an HT3.

alex1981":3bk1sbyv said:
Wanting to find a lighter seatpost eventually (found it is difficult getting anything too nice in 26.8mm for some reason, I fancied an Alien Cyclops)

Thomson Elite ??

alex1981":36bwn0hg said:
Which model of Thompson Elite do you know? How much do you want for it?

Sorry - I didn't mean that I have one for sale, just recommending it as one of the few quality posts that is available in 26.8mm .

XTR M900 26.8 is 261g supposedly so quite heavy! XTR 910 is about 215g so not that light either! Looks nice though :)

Back