Southwest Ride-Minehead 23/08-route page2

I should also say that I won't be riding retro on this ride as my Muddy Fox frame is now stripped ready re-paint. I'll be on the old faithful Trailstar (now with 2 dents in top tube from crashing, paint not damaged tho :D :shock: ). I've added a few gears and a front brake ;) so it should be fine. Retro in spirit being a steel hardtail (not counting 150mm forks :roll: :oops: :LOL:

I'm on holiday staying at a farm in Elworthy that week, may try to sneek a bike into the car without the mrs knowing :LOL:

Oh... What to wear, does my bum look big in this ??? :LOL:

DSCF4011.jpg

checked in at Pompey's Cycles in Minehead today and asked their opinion on my route, they thought it was ideal for us lot! I used to ride with one of the guys that works there back in the day.

Can people please state a preference as to whether they prefer to come off Grabbist at Dunster and ride the road back to minehead (2miles ish) or decend directly into Minehead (there would still be a bit of road back to the harbour, about a mile). Only reason is I was thinking of pre-warning whichever pub so they will expect a load if muddy bikers and maybe do us a deal on a shed load of grub??!

This could well be very good :D

Top man for sorting things out, by the way, thanks Dirtjumper :cool:

I'm unfamiliar with the pub's in that area, so I think which ever pub you know or believe to be better/ more accomadating will do for us. I personally am not bothered about a bit of road.

Toad'- That Kiliflyer looks like fun, that'd be my choice ;)

I dont mind either route, but the more off road the better, as for pubs, I was wondered if Minehead will be busy as it's around holiday time and if Dunster would be more suited possible more quieter and less crowd when getting served and food, but I will go along with you and crew as I dont know Minehead well apart visiting Butlin's once years ago.

Will 'Sinewy' bridleway across the moor that lead to the coast will be included? as seen a pic on old mag and looked fun to ride there.

Look forward for this

Latest posts

Back