Raleigh Rally & Pentlands Meet Sunday 16th August

I've discovered a few truths about the Alaska, its very heavey and has bog all clearance for tyres over 1.75" wide which with its unforgiving hi tensile frame and steel rims make for an unforgiving ride. Other than that, once I fitted V-brakes and a longer seatpost it rides rather well and now stops even in the wet :LOL:

Should be OK for the Pentlands meet. ;)

DaveDH is bringing his Raleigh Dyna Tech Titanium so we'll cover the full extent of Raleighs price range, cheapo to expensive.

i've realised the brakes on the massif don't work well in the rain today but it's still going to the meet 100% the way it is (inc seat :LOL: )

:D :D :D

Big Eck, you've got steel rims as well then :LOL:

I've upgraded to old school V-brakes so I can now stop in the wet :!:

Not sure my knees will take getting the behemoth up the hills :roll:

I'm 90% in on this meet guys.
I'll bring the Mission, well its either that or an old Raleigh Highlander..erm let me think.

Mission it is :D

velomaniac":23km314j said:
Big Eck, you've got steel rims as well then :LOL:

I've upgraded to old school V-brakes so I can now stop in the wet :!:

Not sure my knees will take getting the behemoth up the hills :roll:
nope , it's got alloy rims but i think it's still on it's 1st set of pads from the factory lol does everyone get geared up properly i.e. Helmet , gloves ect ?

Yes get geared up properly, the days of no helmets or gloves are gone. I for one cannot carry someone as hefty as you Big Eck off the hills after you've face planted :shock:

We may be retro minded but modern safety equipment is a good idea.

Now what does everyone prefer for the 16th, a starting time of am or pm.

A start point for the run also has to be decided, DaveDH is supposed to be on the case as regards a route but suggestions from everyone else are welcome.

Think we need to involve a feed stop as beer, cheese'n'chips were one of the Arran highlights :LOL:

Back