What colour should i spray my 1992 Kona Lava Dome?

gradeAfailure":1z5yuaib said:
How about a metallic pearlescent version of the standard purple? Keeps the original colour scheme but gives you that "wow" factor?

Argos do a 'Viola Mettalic':

11%20viola.jpg

sunchaser":1z5yuaib said:
:D I like the colour of that Fire Mountain :p

Kona call it Lime Green, i'd like it a shade darker but it may look lighter due to the scanned image?

sunchaser":1z5yuaib said:
I would post a pic ,but I'm computer illiterate

If you can email me a .jpg of it can get it posted here? :)

retrobikeguy":1ady3jtb said:
Yellow would be nice :!: , cant ever remember seeing a yellow kona :?

I'm sure there is a reason for that ;)

Anyway my old Orange Gringo was a sort of yellow and i didn't really like it, it was better than the blue they also offered it in at the time though! :)

Hi Paul, thanks for the kind words!

I have a few decals for you, but I lost your email in our office move. PM me and I'll drop them in the mail for you.

ameybrook":1s5qy09m said:
Hi Paul, thanks for the kind words!

I have a few decals for you, but I lost your email in our office move. PM me and I'll drop them in the mail for you.

Hello Mate, don't worry about the decals. I got gil_m from on here to knock me up a full set (plus spares ;)). Thanks for the kind offer though :)

Any opinions on a colour?

Definitely that Argos purple, that's just the shade I had in mind... Then you could do pearlescent metallic black for the forks!

What ever colour you go for will look great, the Kona 'look' with bold colours and black stem and fork was way ahead of it's time

Untill 1992 you could get any Kona in Black as well as the stock color, I remember seeing an all black 1991 Cinder Cone and it is probably the coolest bike I have ever seen!

I would go for boring (stealth!) black and get pre '93 decals (with 'K' on the head tube)

messiah":25wltgsg said:
Pastel Blue?

32%20pastel%20blue.jpg

I once saw a Hot in this colour - it looked fab :cool:

Here is my old, now Scarletts, Lava Dome in Pastel Blue...

Attachments

• 22-10-06_2022.jpg
    22-10-06_2022.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,512
Back