ID'ing Campag Brake Levers?

oldave

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Can anyone point me to where I might ID age/model of a pair of non-aero levers that I've decided I'll never now use (I've given up drops!). I THINK were described as Record when I got them, but I've really no idea.

Thanks.

Nuovo Record then, it seems - altho' tan hoods.

No sign that have EVER been used, so judging by ebay prices these plus the equally unused LF Record Hubs that I have should buy me a bike!

Isn't velobase well set out?

Thanks again!

Be a bit careful with Velobase. It's got loads of pics, and most of it is pretty good, but I have found a few errors on there. The problem is that anyone can upload their parts and call them whatever they want. Not a big problem, but there is no consistency. One person will call C-Record "C-Record" whereas the next person will just call it "Record" or "Corsa-Record" or "Record Corsa" or something else...

Great tool, and a great place to start a search if you have no idea what you've got, but unless you are looking at the catalogue you could be led astray.

Example: This reference states that the headset is a "Record (1990s)" one. Now, whilst that's not incorrect, this headset is generally referred to as a "C-Record" headset. Velobase says it was from 1992-1995, but this version was only produced in 92, 93 and 94.

The details of the listing state that "Record" was introduced in 1991. This is not true. As we all know, the term Record has been used on and off throughout Campag's history. The C-Record era finished in 1995 with the release of parts where the components were labeled with their group.

In my experience the dates of parts are wrong as often as they are right, and components are incorrectly labeled around 20% of the time.

Another example of a seatpost from the 70s listed as a seatpost from the 90s.

Yeah, I've just noticed a couple of mistakes regarding Campag's offroad stuff: eg. the Olympus gropset was actually below Centaur in the range, and not second best as claimed.
There also seems to be a few conspicuous omissions.

Toff -you're clearly very 'Campag-wise': you should sort 'em out at Velobase,- they invite corrections of any errors...

Thanks for the words of warning.

Guess I'll just list 'em with good photos, say what I THINK they are and let the buyer(s) decide!

Back