What to do with my Dyna-Tech?????????

Tnega

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I still own the Raleigh Mission I bought circa '90/91.
The question is do I try to keep it standard or do I bling it up with a new paintjob and some trick parts?

Attachments

• DSC00009.JPG
    DSC00009.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,636
  • DSC00010.JPG
    DSC00010.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,636
  • DSC00011.JPG
    DSC00011.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 1,636
Now thats a pretty looking Dyna-Tech, think i'm correct in saying it's 1991 (serial will begin with 'A'). I like the paint as it is, very stealthy indeed. Maybe some skinwall tyres and a refurb of some of the kit and this would look the nuts. Black Syncros stem too?

Back to skinwalls it is then :)
Can anyone reccomend a brand as ive heard of some giving way at the wall/rim?
and what size? the front will take up to a 2.1, the rear can go larger, is it advisable to mix sizes?
Tyre needs to be really sticky on the black stuff.

The serial does indeed start with 'AA3000 odd'.
Is this indicative of a 1991 model? As my daughter was born in Feb of that year and I'm certain I had the bike before that.

All input gratefully recieved.

Regards,
Tne

I like it

Give it a good clean and be done with it,
If you have to have to put bling on it keep it subtle,

A very nice looking Dynatech you have fella, -not much bling needed here... But if you're determined, a titanium stem, bars or seatpillar is a nice addition to a rigid bike and would look a treat on yours.
(saves a bit of weight, but more importantly gives a comfy ride..) :D

I agree with the rest, bike look's great as is, first impressions are of a well used but loved machine.

I'd go with replacing and upgrading some bits, skinwalls would look great on it but these are very hard to find now (new ones are anyway),impossible to find in 2.1 or larger, personaly i like the 2.1 Fire XC's but i'd go for black walls, the seatpost and the barends look a bit scabby so i'd maybe replace those (the seatpost could be painted though, as long as you leave it at the one height), maybe with the titanium items Ferrus mentioned.

As said though it does'nt need much at all, looking forward to seeing it at a MacRetro meet :cool:

looks a crackin machine stealth bomber stuff- not sure I would change much, the tyres are great but same ones in black walls would make it a bit more in keeping, and a flite saddle if your arse can stand them?

the pentland meet for you :cool:

Back