AMP B4 Mercedes Benz Special Edition

very nice build! but i have to agree with some here. that rear looks over extended, like the upper swing arm is too long.

another thing is i find it too heavy with so much black in the area from the top/tube junction up, especially with the black post and seat. maybe as said, a black stem would help balance out.

The rear's an optical illusion, the swing arm pivots 1" above the bottom bracket and 1" below the drop out, so the angle of the arm is exagerated.

Looking good :cool: I wish they still made AMP's

B3":3s9su0a0 said:
The rear's an optical illusion, the swing arm pivots 1" above the bottom bracket and 1" below the drop out, so the angle of the arm is exagerated.

I'm familiar with that optical illusion, but the bottom bracket is still too high. Put a tape on it. :?

B3":3s9su0a0 said:
I wish they still made AMP's

Agree :cry:

Kestonian":25erha4u said:
AMP_B4_MB_01.jpg

b4bike.jpg

From all the pics I could find of the B4 on the web, the upper rear swing arm looks more in line with the top tube.

And having done a search, now I know what was bugging me with respect to the seatpost mount. Standard Amp B4 had less material there, while the Mercedes has extra cover piece where they have they're embossed logo.

from the era when "car-brand-bikes" where true bikes not like the nasty ones from today!

funny thing is that amp is still servicing them even after so many years!

RockiMtn":3vdp9k3h said:
Kestonian":3vdp9k3h said:

b4bike.jpg

From all the pics I could find of the B4 on the web, the upper rear swing arm looks more in line with the top tube.

And having done a search, now I know what was bugging me with respect to the seatpost mount. Standard Amp B4 had less material there, while the Mercedes has extra cover piece where they have they're embossed logo.

Great comparison pics there. See the MB bike rear end is so jacked up that the BB looks like its over 13 inches or so off the ground, and the effect is that the head tube even looks to be scissored up at a more vertical angle, even though the forks are the same model.

I'd have an AMP guru go over that MB. Something's wonky there. :?

There's a lot of shock poking out of the rear stays, is it fitted all the way in?

I use the clamp to adjust the head (and BB height by default) angle on mine.

Back