East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

how's Ticknall at the moment - wet? Muddy? Dry? Was thinking of a sneaky lunchtime ride. My knee's feeling better today. Still tender but I managed a ride down to the garage to get some milk this morning!!

put in 36 miles today . wanted to go past 40 but got a puncture so had to walk the last 3 miles or so and yes im counting the walking , its not like i could click my heals and i was suddenly home :(

3 times around my 10 mile loop , the 6 miles is to and from so its not a case of an extra 4 miles its another lap of 10 making it 46 . which is near enough 50 its annoying

i guess ive done a bit over 100 miles on the kona now . pretty sick of having to keep fooking with the pads to stop them either squealing or grating ( im currently riding through hub deep water and mud ) . my front rim is telling me its at the end of its life by leaving small shards of metal in the pads , thanks :x

wont be able to make any rides next week as the mrs is on holiday so im housebound . i might try and blutack a hope caliper to the triple butted project 2s :LOL:

Hey, Perry

Good to see the gent in the top hat again :D

You've probably picked up from the site that a good time was had in Yorkshire. I'm now in an increased pedal up hills phase, having spent too much time in the granny ring or on foot, all in anticipation of Ed's Peak ride and Mr K's Peak ride later in September.

To do your mileage, ss, on your route is seriously impressive as a lot of it must be extremely hard going, and flakes of rim in the pads isn't a good sign :( See you're getting excited about SS2010.

Looks like we may all meet up the week after next, you'll be mobile, Mat's back, Ed's repaired, so an evening at the Pines would be good.

:D

went out for a few hours today . got stopped by a guy in a land rover saying i cant ride on the private land :( :x even though ive seen at least 4 farmers who didnt care :roll: part of me wanted to tell him to just fook right off but i was too out of breath from the uphill . im tempted to find out who actually owns the land and ask him directly as i dont see the problem with riding along a track that passes agricultural fields

ive found a couple other routes . another 10 mile and a 30 . ive just got to work out the route in my head from what google maps shows me

Willingham Woods

Anyone been to Willingham Woods, or want to go on an evening, or been recently (its near Market Rasen). Trailblazers have done some fantastic work in there - not that I can do any of the Northshore type stuff - but there are some doable downhill bits where you can go around the scary non retro type ramps and drop offs :LOL:

Just wondered if anyone on here is located close to me for a couple of hours hack??

Hi Antiquekona,
It's out of range for me for an evening ride (130 mile round trip), but I'd be interested in a weekend jaunt. Suggest some dates and see if we can get a group together, maybe Willingham Woods rather than the Pines. :).
What kind of area does it cover ?

still can't say whether weds or thurs this week for Ticknall - sorry - was going to ask the wife but she's been out all evening :roll:

will let you know asap.

Also trying to find out about Chatsworth ride Sunday - still 50/50. Will let you all know asap.

sorry for messing you all about - it's my last week at work before changing jobs on Monday so things a bit hectic!

OK - wednesday night for Ticknall this week 6.30 at village hall - is this OK?

yet to find out re weekend... :roll:

Back