When do you qualify for being 'IN' with the LBS?

im not sure when it happened... was it when the first time i walked through the door, saw the MXCD's in the cabinet mentioned that my student loan had just come through so id have them and an MT-50 built wheel go with :D

or was it when they mentioned they rode twice a week and this guy from the flatlands pedaled as hard and crashed as hard and was just as daft as them! :)

what is nice, is when you go back after 5 years or so, they remenice about the old days and say we were just looking as some pics... the photos are dragged out and memory lane is revisited :)

speaking of which... i should reallt inflict some of these photos on you lot! :)

I remember a story from the Yeti factory guys of an Italian who spent a week holiday in Colorado and just moved in to the factory as he loved the bikes so much. They were cool with it - he didn't like their coffee machine so bought them a new one!

I guess that's one way to butter up your bike shop!

To be honest, I really shouldn't be posting on this thread, as I don't think i've ever NOT been in with my LBS.

This strange state of affairs came about because I used to work (as the 'saturday lad') at a different bike shop alongside the bloke who now owns/runs my LBS. When he left the first shop to take over as workshop manager of a new shop it coincided with me getting a proper (as in paid in money rather than in bike bits) job.

I did still keep spending lots of money on bikes,however, and kind of took my custom over to my mate's new shop. First time I walked in the shop, was taken into the workshop and handed a Mug of coffee... it's kind of been that way ever since. :D

Do you have to be 'in' with all of the members of the shop or just a couple of them ? , I think most of the ones in my LBS dont get the vintage / retro scene and since I don't really spend much money I suppose I am just another waste of time browsing customer, but I do get on with two of the guys in the workshop who do kinda like the 'old stuff'.

:? , think I'm in :idea: or am I out :shock: - nah sure I'm in ;)

never bought em beer or pizza though

That Avatar is doing my head in! It's made my melon well mash up.

I'd say in with anyone is the answer.

My lot are a mixture of young and (ahem) my age, and they all seem to appreciate a set of onZa Ho's or a zooka, but then they are governed by a ti hardtail riding owner and have a quite race orientated outlook.

When I went in to see 'the guys' last time I took the saracen, they came downstairs to have a skeg and wowed at the double U-brake setup, called over one of the other staff to have a look at a classic, and he had simply never heard of a U-brake :shock:

youth of today :roll:

:LOL: sorry about the avatar, just thought I would try something different

My Wu's well tangled - yeah!

Seriously bad visual concentration mojo goin' on there.

Is that the Black Trekker? Or did you find a Green or Aquarius Blue one in the end?

I loved that my Trekker had dual U-Brakes when everyone was starting to turn against them. It didn't work that well on the front I found, but It was so not done and reminded me of the Roller Cams on the Cannondales of the time, that I thought it well special.

Latest posts

Back