For all you AMPoholics out there

B3

Senior Retro Guru
Here's mine..... :D

It's a '95 B3 with F2 forks. Other AMP parts are the front hub, seatpost clamp, rear hub adaptor and disc brakes. Shifters, mechs and rear hub are XT. Seatpost and stem are ControlTech, saddle is a perforated leather Flite. The bars are modernish carbon ones (i like them :D ) and the tyres are Tioga Factory XC's.

It's how i think an AMP should be, no frills, just light and fast :cool:

Attachments

• AMP3.JPG
    AMP3.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,406
  • AMP2.JPG
    AMP2.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,406
  • AMP1.JPG
    AMP1.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,406
Now that I like! (Don't know bugger all about retro susser's, but that looks good)

Clean lines and not in your face. Nice! :cool:

that's clean! rare to see one with full AMP disc brakes!

seeing these completed bikes on hear makes me sad since i'm no were close to finishing mine, and i want to ride it so badly! :cry:

btw, what are the differences between the B2/B3 frame and the F2/F3 forks???

The tyres are on there because it's used, alot, and i don't want to wear out the kevlar skinwall Specialized tyres that used to be on it.

The risers are comfortable, i like the bend on these, like the bike I'm no spring chicken any more :LOL:

F1 & F2's are basically the same, the 2's having alloy legs instead of the cro-mo ones, F3 had a different linkage path to give rising rate on the spring and a bit more travel. F4's....a whole different fork again.

B2's, the original AMP, had a longer shock body. The stays clamp around the end cap. B3's had a shorter shock and the stays clamp around the shock body, not the end cap. The B3 also had CNC machined parts aplenty.

Amplifier 2 was a completely different bike and had nothing to do with AMP.

Here's Risse's drawings for the B3 shock http://www.risseracing.com/applications ... /50139.gif and the B2 shock http://www.risseracing.com/applications ... /50107.gif

Hope that make sense.

erkan":12zj27ax said:
How good is the AMP disc brakes compared with XT V-brakes?

The front one's awsome, was rebilt back at AMP earlier this year, and is better than Vee's any day. The rear could do with a rebuild and is about the same as a Vee. On this type of bike rim brakes on the rear are average at the best of times :LOL:

ATB

John

Latest posts

Back