1997 14" Kona Lilzmyster

Cass

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just finished this for my step-daughter's 12th birthday.

Kona Fire Mountain & P2 forks- Local powder coat in cream with custom decals from Gil_M, it's now the Kona Lilzmyster (her nickname)

I've picked up the frame about a year or so ago and have been slowly collecting bits over the last year plus a few bits from the spares box.

What do you think, I really like it, came out really nice, shame she's not allowed to ride it.... ;)

Cass

Attachments

• kona2.jpg
    kona2.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 1,353
  • Kona1.jpg
    Kona1.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 1,353
  • Kona3.jpg
    Kona3.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 1,353
Now that is excellent :cool: Like the graphics touch with the name.

Doing something similar for boy's birthday next week, although nothing like your level of refurb. Any excuse to tiker with boikes :LOL:

Excellent!

Out of interest how much did it cost you?

I think I may do this for my eldest when he has his next bike.

Carl.

More than I had planned, but about the same as a decent modern kid's bike, but at least it's a bit different.

But as Mr Panda said, any excuse. :oops:

Cass

That's very nice indeed - a great job...! :D

She should / will be/ was over the moon with that - really nice and a personal touch with the nickname on TT...

:cool:

Thanks for the comments, she was very pleased, loved the peace canti-lever hangers and the purple dice dustcaps and of course her name oin the TT, it was however slightly overshadowed by the fact we also got a kitten.......

Girls eh, prefer kittens over bikes, whatever next....

Hoping to take her out this weekend for her first ride on it as the weather's been awful since her birthday.

Cheers

Cass

Back