92 Explosif back with no gears

njgoldby

Retro Guru
Ok, had to have a go at single speeding and I have to say I Love It. It is so relaxing to go for an hour or so blast after work. Its amazing how much ground you cover without realizing. I had been adding and swapping bits on this frame for some time, but have just been riding it as it is for the last 2 months.
Its not been on the scales since loosing the gears but I guess around 9kg or just over.
Will change the post to black when I can be bothered.
May even give it a new coat after the summer but for now i'm just enjoying riding.

Attachments

• SS1.jpg
    SS1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,820
  • SS2.jpg
    SS2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,820
Nice looking bike - it just needs a 32T chainring , some proper tyres and an EBB to make it perfect....... :cool:

I have a Fuji Track bike 48/15 can be a bit of a strain away from the lights ! but better than spinning like a crazed monkey !

Therapy spot on. 48:18 indeed. I did have a 48:16 which I could just about manage around the flat in town. However my office is 7.5miles out of town cross country with some really long climbs. I find this gear fine for a brisk pace without getting to work half dead.
Andy wanted to try EBB or Eno hub but costs didn't permit. I was given the spacers and just bought the doofer and chain. White hubs are on the Xmas list though. Which is better the hub or BB option. any views?

I have an EBB on my Singular and that works a treat. I've heard they can be prone to creaks, but the Phil Wood that Singular use is silent even with the 180mm cranks. A set of ENO wheels is mucho dinero but looks the business in the typical White mirror polished finish

There's the "Tr!ckstuff Excentriker" that allows you to convert a regular BSA BB to EBB:
Excentriker-w.jpg

Picture with lot's of white space courtesy of Hollands' favourite internet Bikeshop, "Singlespeed Central" Jelle is tha man. http://www.singlespeed.nl/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=35_68&products_id=216

Enjoy!!

Back