Somethings can say a lot about your preferences in life

Dave_H

Senior Retro Guru
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pink-Pink-Pin...QQptZLHQ5fDefaultDomainQ5f0QQsalenotsupported

f88f_3.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
tintin40":1xy9ue3c said:
Lets just say I don't like the colour pink :LOL: :LOL:
Who do you support in the Giro d"Italia?

This derailleur was coloured in homage to the Giro and its leader's jersey. There was also a yellow one to pay homage to the corresponding jersey in the TDF, and a blue one (azzuri) in support of the italian team.

These were high end parts in their day.

Toff":123mndxy said:
tintin40":123mndxy said:

This derailleur was coloured in homage to the Giro and its leader's jersey. There was also a yellow one to pay homage to the corresponding jersey in the TDF, and a blue one (azzuri) in support of the italian team.

The Tour and any road race leaves me 'cold' with interest. Just a bunch of roadies on skinny bikes. Fit oh yes. Give me a retro mtb race any day. Tim, Thomas and co. now we're talking.

And yes does look like a ladies toy :LOL:

Tintin = :roll:

Toff":2zcy0b28 said:
tintin40":2zcy0b28 said:

When were these mechs done? Did they do a whole gruppo?

John":2o3veyns said:
When were these mechs done? Did they do a whole gruppo?

This is an Ofmega Mistral rear derailleur. Produced in the early 80s around 82-83, and made of plastic, for weight saving. The Mistral groupset was not top of the line, but was the next best thing. It was Ofmega's equivalent of Chorus or Ultegra (or to be period correct, Victory or 600).

As far as I am aware, it was only the rear derailleur which was coloured pink as this was the only plastic component in the groupset.

Back