Show us your...Yeti Arc's

scant":1mry4nvj said:
was originally elites bike.
Certainly was, but it was Geoff Ringlé's before mine. . IIRC, to air Jez's dirty washing, it was turned down in favour of redoing your kitchen was it not?? Wouldn't that have looked better in the kitchen?? No, mrs Elite didn't think so either. . .
Was unfortunately too big for me. I still have Merts and Geoff's "lawwill" though as that does fit me; but not as retro as that arc.
some more pictures here. .
http://www.yetifan.com/classifieds
I even think andrew from yetifan changed the URL for the classifieds to "forward slash, your ads," to leave that post up.

Thinking that I've just scored an ultimate, an ARC is whats mising from the MTB collection now, but this one was just too big to ride. Now with Xavier, and ex-ringlé sponsored rider in london and France

me neither, and the missus is away so I'm on noodles and losing weight. ..
Add a mini pic to your signature anyway. Its the thought that counts ;)

Will a Ti ARC do?

There are two more Yeti ARC ti owners that frequent this board.

Attachments

• cables (Large).JPG
    cables (Large).JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 4,227
  • cables (1) (Large).JPG
    cables (1) (Large).JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 4,227
  • cables (2) (Large).JPG
    cables (2) (Large).JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 4,227
No, I think the original ARC is in a different elite league than the Ti-ARC.

I would love to add an ARC to my collection, however it is a very fragile frame and most that comes up second hand have dented tubes, cracks and scarred chainstays. With cracked FRO and Ultimate you can always fix it, or even replace a rusted tube, not so easy with an ARC.

The gray/turquoise frames, are they painted gray or is it raw alu with clearcoat and turquoise paint?

In my large folder of ARC images, it does look like gray paint.

Scant is right, some of the team bikes were clearcoat to save weight. I have a clearcoat FRO. The Grey ARC that was mine, is in fact painted.
Fragile. No more so than many. . I have a kokopelli hardtail that is essentially my daily rider, since '96. Its a 3.5lb frame, and came with a one year warranty. "race and throw away". I fully expected it to have broken by now, so that facts its still going is testimony. I've raced it a lot, and continued to race it this year. But I'm not a smasher, I don't tend to break much kit.
Aluminium doesn't have the infinate fatigue at low strains like steel, so every aluminium structure will have a life (why aeroplanes are retired when their 'hours' are "up"). They won't last forever, but they sure are good whist they last.
I'll have another ARC. But not one full of dents, chansuck gouges and on its second repaint.
ALWAYS use a chainsuck plate on stuff like this. .

rust

erkan":3u623988 said:
No, I think the original ARC is in a different elite league than the Ti-ARC.

I would love to add an ARC to my collection, however it is a very fragile frame and most that comes up second hand have dented tubes, cracks and scarred chainstays. With cracked FRO and Ultimate you can always fix it, or even replace a rusted tube, not so easy with an ARC.

The gray/turquoise frames, are they painted gray or is it raw alu with clearcoat and turquoise paint?

In my large folder of ARC images, it does look like gray paint.

Its not so easy to replace a rusty back end on a FRO(1 PIECE ) as i found out 2-3 years back :roll: It still awaits a NOS back end showing up on E-bay.

Most of the ARC's ive come across are cracked :( In fact a lot of Easton Program frames!!!

Latest posts

Back