Colnago C35 with gold c-record

The C35 in Sydney is most likely one of the 2 owned by Theo Drivas.
http://www.frfsports.com/news/reviews/Theo.pdf

About 8 years ago, Clarence Stret Cyclery stopped selling quality brands like Colnago, and now sells dull Trek bikes and not much else. They no longer have an in-house framebuilder either. A shame really...

I bought by first Colnago from them in 1997, and back then they had lots of rare bikes on display. I'm guessing the C35 seen in their shop dates back to then, because you won't see one there now.

Guess what just turned up on Fleabay. It's wrongly dated, but otherwise perfect.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Toff":3viw1mqr said:
Guess what just turned up on Fleabay. It's wrongly dated, but otherwise perfect.

Best get saving.

When posting ebay links can you please post them complete rather than using a shortener? The ebay links are automatically affiated which keeps retrobike running and free!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Well 'value' apart, I'd much rather own (or just look at) Reun's Saronni Mexico than that. Those Ferrari-Colnagos just look like something Michael Jackson would have bought in a shop and then forgotten about. Especially with gold kit!

The gold is flaking off the C35 on Ebay. Bike came from Singapore, and the humidity and heat seems to have damaged much of the gold plate. It can be restored, but I wouldn't pay that sort of money for something needing that much work.

Toff":3r8skiiv said:
The gold is flaking off the C35 on Ebay. Bike came from Singapore, and the humidity and heat seems to have damaged much of the gold plate. It can be restored, but I wouldn't pay that sort of money for something needing that much work.

:shock: having the gruppo replated would be quite a job!

Agree with the previous poster, rarirty and value aside Reun's Colnago is far more aesthetically pleasing. Although it'd be cool to add a C35 to the collection ;)

This was for sale in Finland some time ago... did´t sell...

Attachments

• c35ferrari.jpg
    c35ferrari.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,369
Back