Fat Chance Yo Eddy 97. Pic heavy mega update

Turbines work well! But not the front wheel. From a purely aesthetic point of view, of course, I would go for a later blue ano hub ( Hope Fatso? ) and black rim ( If not a match for the rear then Mavic 517? )

tuercas":2jnhgln0 said:
great tires, but careful with the sidewalls...they will only get worse. I'm actually looking for remedies for crakced/torn sidewalls myself.

A roadie tip from looking after delicate tubular tyres is using latex solution applied with a brush. Nice bike!

Thanks for the tip.

Now, what type of latex solution, or is there only one? Link please, thanks :D

northerndave":2jnhgln0 said:
Yeah those V's do suck a bit and I know what you mean about the tyres. I've had the back once since new years back and it's ok. The front one though seems a bit dry. If you come up with anything to protect them let me know..

they're perfectly functional V's...just, if you want to keep the build somewhat consistent, and drop a little weight while upgrading the function just a bit.

I'm going to take tuercas up on his advice, once I clarify what that is exactly, and then I will report back with a thread in the mtb chat section.

The latex trick is per this article, towards the end:

http://wheelfanatyk.blogspot.com/2007/0 ... ained.html

Take note, don't attempt using vulcanising cement, it will destroy the tyre. If you're asking yourself where you get latex in solution, what I did is to do a search on latex suppliers, and then ask for a sample, I got a litre, a bit dodgy, but the mimimum quantity for sale was a barrell...

tuercas":2cehnew1 said:
The latex trick is per this article, towards the end:

http://wheelfanatyk.blogspot.com/2007/0 ... ained.html

Take note, don't attempt using vulcanising cement, it will destroy the tyre. If you're asking yourself where you get latex in solution, what I did is to do a search on latex suppliers, and then ask for a sample, I got a litre, a bit dodgy, but the mimimum quantity for sale was a barrell...

Thank you :)

I will be looking into this as I have a few sets of vintage tires in need of some TLC.

That looks great! The cranks and the forks work so nicely against that frame. Good job.

Corduroyboy":2531twet said:
Turbines work well! But not the front wheel. From a purely aesthetic point of view, of course, I would go for a later blue ano hub ( Hope Fatso? ) and black rim ( If not a match for the rear then Mavic 517? )

I was going to disagree and suggest going silver rear rim, but I've changed my mind. :LOL: That'd look good.

Back