Saab Salomon Mountain jobby 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I'm not racing, but going to be in attendance for the weekend, could be support crew or something, just going for the vibe etc. ps. this event is the Tmobile/Giant Mountain Madness or similar, same event rebranded, cheers ti-fat-al.

Who has actually been confirmed as racing this and who are you riding with?

Need to look at logistics... number of BBQs, gazebos, big retrobike banner for the 'camp' etc :)

I'm confirmed as having been accepted and due to lack of social skills have gone solo (actually don't want to irritate teammates by the guaranteed paucity of my performance).

Would of course like to meet up and be part of the camp atmosphere though and living not far from Eastnor can probably offer some sort of accommodation before and after the event.

ededwards":rlbznzsm said:
I'm confirmed as having been accepted and due to lack of social skills have gone solo (actually don't want to irritate teammates by the guaranteed paucity of my performance).

Would of course like to meet up and be part of the camp atmosphere though and living not far from Eastnor can probably offer some sort of accommodation before and after the event.

Just because someones not on tthe 'retrobike' team shouldn't exclude them from joining our 'village' I figure if we can get all the racers from here under one little camp area, we can ahave a mini 'retobike village' on site.

I've just been talking to our first sponsor.

If we agree to wear their company logo on our race jerseys and have some promo stuff around our 'camp' they'll sort us out with some free energy/endurance supplements and (possibly - still working on it) pay our entrance fee :)

So far we have one team confirmed.

Seems like a good spot for a meet also...

Think the second team maybe in also.....when is there a confirmed list out ??

RetroBike has two teams entered for 'Giant T-MObile Mountain Mayhem 'this year.

Team 1 - Sport/Fun category

Team 2 - Elite category

Both teams are currently full as regards riders but we would ofcourse love to have as many of the retro gang on hand as support and back up riders should anyone have an injury near the event or decide they'd rather sit in a tent getting sloshed than ride around in the dark...

We are working on trying to organise a pitch so we can have a Retro base, should this be possible we will be looking to display some of our old bikes and bits so the more the merrier..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back