Old Has Been

flyingwelshman

Retro Guru
Anyone recognise this old has been? I did a 20 mile running race yesterday and the last few miles reminded me of what it felt like during the last part of a mountain bike race.

Attachments

• DSC_0015.JPG
    DSC_0015.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,577
flyingwelshman":1e8p0a74 said:
Anyone recognise this old has been? I did a 20 mile running race yesterday and the last few miles reminded me of what it felt like during the last part of a mountain bike race.

no idea :)

John":10d48dov said:
tricky one that ;)

Did you win ?

No, carrying a few more pounds than I used to :( Was back in the pub in time for the match, I missed the last five minutes so does anyone know the final score from the Millenium Stadium :p

Michael - those Orange bottoms have served me well :D

flyingwelshman":4uneodi6 said:
Michael - those Orange bottoms have served me well :D

you must have had the first pair after Lester did you? I think they were made at Been Bag. I've still got a few pairs left as well but current fashion dictates that i wear baggies to go riding in, that and the fact I've put on a bit of weight :D

flyingwelshman":3tig6g0y said:
John":3tig6g0y said:
tricky one that ;)

Did you win ?

No, carrying a few more pounds than I used to :( Was back in the pub in time for the match, I missed the last five minutes so does anyone know the final score from the Millenium Stadium :p

england lost, thats all that matters :LOL: ;)

England lost :twisted:

20 miles running is waaay too far for me. Congrats. You do remind me of someone :? ;)

Did the Rhayader Round the Lakes a few years ago, very tough, not just the 20 miles but also a very serious and long climb in the first few miles. Tougher than a marathon in my estimation.

ededwards":v1rti3p7 said:
Did the Rhayader Round the Lakes a few years ago, very tough, not just the 20 miles but also a very serious and long climb in the first few miles. Tougher than a marathon in my estimation.

You are right it is a tough race, the little climbs at the end do not help either. I have thought about doing the race for the last 13 years and at last I got round to it. Clive Powell was out watching, for those who do not know Clive he was probably the first person to offer mountain bike guiding in the UK.

I've got one of Clive Powells old frames. Parkpre Elite Ti with a crack around the bottom bracket!

Back