Chicksands - THURS NIGHT RIDES!

REKIBorter":3locumwo said:
And this weeks excuse is..................

Over_The_Hill.jpg

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

click.....click....click.....don't worry, it's not your cranks.........just Reki's Zimmer frame :LOL:

May be tempted to come out of retirement for gentle bimble this week ;) Anyone else fancy a zimmer frame assisted waddle around the woods?

REKIBorter":5op6papm said:
May be tempted to come out of retirement for gentle bimble this week ;) Anyone else fancy a zimmer frame assisted waddle around the woods?

Yes mate, be nice to see you.....new law though....no suspension allowed :twisted:

Didn't make it :( My back is seriously playing up, had traction on it today - think along the lines of mediaeval rack torture machine but with crisp white uniformed nurses and soothing muzac playing in the background.

Last night was hardcore :shock:
Two hours of solid riding in a thunderstorm and very heavy torrential rain :shock:

Rowney Warren simply flooded....big time :shock: :shock:

I loved every minute of it and if wasn't for Jango's 'Heater Seeking Missile' bike (locked on to a warm Vauxhall Vectra heater and stopping for no man) I would have played longer....brilliantly challenging riding.....90% of the singletrack had turned into either bottom bracket deep puddles (hiding tree roots and other such nasties) or fast flowing streams complete with debris being washed down off the steep hillsides :shock: I kid you not there was water rushing everywhere and LOTS of it. What wasn't water was gloopy, soupy mud and it was getting very dark...

Fortune Favours The Brave and all that.....we had a great ride and the whole place to ourselves for most of the night (well, who else would be that stupid? :oops: :oops: :oops: )

Medal Of Honour for Jango who did this with NO waterproofs :LOL:
my eVent jacket simply couldn't cope with the deluge and we both returned to the car park looking like extras from Apolcalypse Now....water pouring from our clothes, head to toe in mud and most importantly....still smiling :cool:

http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip ... ripSummary

chicksands_apolcalypse.jpg

Back