Another Hei Hei....99% finished!

Thanks

I'm very happy with it, Syncros post goes with it a treat

Only issue I have is the amount of flex in the seat stays with the XTR Vs....I never remember it being this bad!

Anyone know anywhere which sells nice looking brake boosters?

I really like this build. Looks very nice with the modern kit on there, what model XTR is that, M960? I think a lovely Fox Float would go a treat on there, although the black forks do suit this build. Pitty about the WC SIDs, they do look nice and come in a retroish 80mm.

I'd love to build a bike like that, need to get a hei hei :twisted:.

One last question, where did you get that clamp on brake boss for running V's?

Niot sure what serial NO. the XTR is but I think it's 2003/4...looks very nice on that frame.

Fox Float would be really nice on there or some new SIDs as they do V mounts and 80mm...thing is money is very tight now as I've taken a pay cut at work :(

The clamp on stop is made by a company Called Problem Solvers...not the prettiest but nice and secure and TBH if I sanded off the black paint and polished up would probably blend in more. Wang a search in on Google and you should find some stockists :D

Neil G":1yr6mwoa said:
Thanks

I'm very happy with it, Syncros post goes with it a treat

Only issue I have is the amount of flex in the seat stays with the XTR Vs....I never remember it being this bad!

Anyone know anywhere which sells nice looking brake boosters?

dkg makes a nice booster, but they are hard to come by. Also, the shimano carbon fiber booster looks cool, but again, sometimes hard to find.

Cheers

Looked for a Shimano one with no success, I'll try looking for a DKG one

TBH with discs taking over and Vs becoming less popular on high end bikes boosters seem to be very hard to come by

Neil G":qnurqu15 said:
Cheers

Looked for a Shimano one with no success, I'll try looking for a DKG one

TBH with discs taking over and Vs becoming less popular on high end bikes boosters seem to be very hard to come by

True. I might have an extra one lying around somewhere. I will definitely be using a booster on my Ti build. Don't want to risk seat stay flex...then again, it will be my first ti bike, so is it something to be worried about?

I'll use the booster anyway :)

Though they are not nice in regards to being highly esteemed, Tektro boosters are still fairly easy to find.

I really don't know if flex in the stays is actually damaging to the frame in any way, not sure how many cycles Ti can take!

I've found an old booster at home in my box of odds and sods which is a bonus. Not sure what brand it is but it's pretty plain drilled aluminium and definately mid 90s

May sling it on there to see what it's like, just need some big washers to fit it

Neil G":duex3z4k said:
I really don't know if flex in the stays is actually damaging to the frame in any way, not sure how many cycles Ti can take!

I've found an old booster at home in my box of odds and sods which is a bonus. Not sure what brand it is but it's pretty plain drilled aluminium and definately mid 90s

May sling it on there to see what it's like, just need some big washers to fit it

great! let's see pics :)

Will stick some up

IIRC the booster wasn't the prettiest so may be temporary if I'm not happy with it!

Back